Parvathipuram, Andhra Pradesh
||This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (October 2012)|
Sunset near Parvathipuram
|• MLA||Bobbili Chiranjeevulu|
|Elevation||120 m (390 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 08963|
Parvathipuram is located at 18°46'N 83°25'E. It has an average elevation of 120 metres (393.7 feet).
As of 2001[update] India census, Parvathipuram had a population of 49,692. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Parvathipuram has an average literacy rate of 66%, which is higher than the national average of 59.5%. Male literacy is 75%, and female literacy is 57%. In Parvathipuram, 12% of the population is under the age of 6 years.
Parvathipuram mandal had a population of 1,07,919 in 2001. Males constitute 53,813, and females, 54,106, of the population. The average literacy rate of the mandal population is 61%, that of males 73%, and females, 49%. There are 54 revenue villages and 26 panchayats in Parvathipuram mandal.
Parvathipuram was a Subdivision of Vizagapatam district in Madras Presidency consisting of the Zamindari Tahsils of Parvatipuram, Bissamcuttack, Rayagada, Gunupur, Bobbili and Salur in 1901.
Parvathipuram revenue division in the present day Vizianagaram district consists of 15 of the 34 mandals. They are Badangi, Balijipeta, Bobbili, Garugubilli, Gummalaxmipuram, Jiyyammavalasa, Komarada, Kurupam, Makkuva, Pachipenta, Parvathipuram, Ramabhadrapuram, Saluru, Seethanagaram and Therlam.
- All minor and major government business can be done in Parvathipuram as there are RDO office, MRO office, SUB Collectorate office, ITDA office, Sub-Registrar office.
|This section requires expansion. (October 2012)|
Vyricherla Kishore Chandra Suryanarayana Deo is Parvathipuram's current representative in the Lok Sabha constituency.
Parvathipuram is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. There were 1,24,821 registered voters in this constituency during 1999 elections. Parvathipuram started participating in the Legislative Assembly in 1951 with Vyricherla Durgaprasad Veerabhadra Deo.
Revenue Villages and Panchayats
APSRTC operates bus services formt he town to Visakhapatnam and there are also services to other towns such as Vizainagaram, Kakinada, Rajamundry, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, and Rayagada.
- "Mandals in Vizianagaram district". Retrieved 2007-02-26.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Imperial Gazetteer of India, v. 20, p. 22.
- Vizianagaram District Profile
- Details of Andhra Pradesh till Village Panchayat Tier