Parvathipuram, Andhra Pradesh
|• MLA||Bobbili Chiranjeevulu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Parvathipuram is located at 18°46'N 83°25'E. It has an average elevation of 120 metres (393.7 feet).
As of 2011[update] census, Parvathipuram had a population of 53,844. The total population constitute, 26,811 males and 27,033 females —a sex ratio of 1008 females per 1000 males. 5,048 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 2,607 are boys and 2,441 are girls —a ratio of 936 per 1000. The average literacy rate stands at 79.14% with 38,618 literates, significantly higher than the state average of 67.41%.
Government and politics
Parvathipuram is represented by Parvathipuram (SC)(Assembly constituency) for Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly and Araku (Lok Sabha constituency). Bobbili Chiranjeevulu is the present MLA of the constituency representing Telugu Desam Party.
Parvatiuram is equipped with efficient road transport system connecting more than 50 villages in the mandal. This acts as great means for the surrounding villages to bring their market interests into the town. APSRTC extends services to Visakhapatnam, Vizainagaram, Kakinada, Rajamundry, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, and Rayagada.
Due to its location being closer to the border of Orissa, several bus services are shared between both states from JK Pur and Rayagada.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- "District Profile". Vizianagaram District Official website. National Informatics Centre. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Literacy of AP (Census 2011)" (PDF). Official Portal of Andhra Pradesh Government. p. 43. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "DELIMITATION OF PARLIAMENTARY AND ASSEMBLY CONSTITUENCIES ORDER, 2008" (pdf). Election Commission of India. p. 22. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "MLA". AP State Portal. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Tenali Assembly 2014 Election Results". Elections.in. Retrieved 13 October 2014.