Parviz Mahmoud (1910 – 1996) was a Persian composer and conductor. He was the founder of the Tehran Symphony Orchestra in its modern form. His father Mahmoud Mahmoud (Pahlavi) was a famous Persian writer, researcher and politician.
Immigration to the US
In 1959 he moved to the United States and did not continue his musical activities seriously anymore. A few years after the immigration he received his PhD from the University of Indiana. His dissertation was about the theory of Persian music and its relation to Western practice.
- "Persian Suite" for orchestra
- "Kurdish Fantasy" for piano and orchestra
- "Mehregan Suite" for orchestra
- Safai, Ebrahim. "History of Tehran Conservatory of Music", Ministry of Culture and Art Publications, Tehran, 1977.
- Sepanta Sassan. "An Outlook to Persian Music", Mashal Publications, Tehran, 1990.
- Akbarzadeh, Pejman. "Persian Musicians" (vol.1), Nadid Publications, Shiraz / Tehran, 2000.