Pascal's Triangle Revisited
|"Pascal's Triangle Revisited"|
|Episode no.||Season 1
|Directed by||Joe Russo|
|Written by||Hilary Winston|
|Original air date||May 20, 2010|
"Pascal's Triangle Revisited" is the 25th and final episode of the first season of the American comedy television series Community. It aired in the United States on NBC on May 20, 2010. The title alludes to Pascal's triangle, an array of numbers that is often used in combinatorial mathematics and number theory, and was introduced in the 17th century by Blaise Pascal.
After Britta (Gillian Jacobs) is nominated for queen of the Transfer Dance, Professor Slater (Lauren Stamile) admits to Jeff (Joel McHale) that she misses him and wants to get back together. Troy's (Donald Glover) dad asks him to move out of the house, and Troy begins hoping to move in with Abed (Danny Pudi), although Abed rejects the idea. The next day, at the Transfer Dance, Pierce (Chevy Chase) offers Troy a place to live, but he still wants to live with Abed. Abed later explains to him that their personalities would clash if they roomed together and they would "jump the shark". Annie (Alison Brie) reveals to the group that Vaughn (Eric Christian Olsen) has been selected for a competitive Hacky Sack team in Delaware and will be leaving for the summer, but she secretly tells Jeff that the move is permanent and she will not be coming back to Greendale. In a separate storyline, Chang (Ken Jeong) plans to beat up Duncan (John Oliver), who mocked him for being fired when Chang turned to Duncan for help cheating his way to re-obtaining his degree. Chang however cannot go through with the beating, since he would be expelled for hitting a member of the Greendale staff. At the dance, however, Duncan becomes drunk and broadcasts Dean Pelton's "dalmatian fetish", resulting in Duncan's suspension. Chang seizes the opportunity and punches him in the face with a roll of quarters. During the dance, Britta publicly admits her love to Jeff. Professor Slater also announces the same statement. Jeff, unsure how to respond, leaves the dance only to bump into Annie who changed her mind about leaving. After the two each share their respective conflicted emotions, Annie gives Jeff a small kiss, and Jeff responds with a bigger one as the two embrace.
- Jeff mentions kissing Britta in Modern Warfare. They also kissed in Introduction to Film.
- Chang got fired in the previous episode English as a Second Language.
- Troy and Abed discuss moving in together which they do in season 3.
In the end tag, some students watch a video yearbook by Abed featuring all the main study group members, complaining that they do not know any of these people.
Around 4.41 million Americans watched "Pascal's Triangle Revisited".
- Gorman, Bill (May 21, 2010). "TV Ratings: Grey's Anatomy Rules Finale Thursday; Bones, FlashForward, CSI, Parks, 30 Rock, Ref Rise". Retrieved February 27, 2013.
- VanDerWerff, Todd (May 21, 2010). "Pascal's Triangle Revisited". The A.V. Club. Retrieved February 27, 2013.
- "Pascal's Triangle Revisited" at NBC.com
- "Pascal's Triangle Revisited" at the Internet Movie Database
- "Pascal's Triangle Revisited" at TV.com