|Birth name||Pascal Kleiman|
|Also known as||Pascal Kleiman|
April 19, 1968 |
|Genres||House, Acid house, Acid techno, Dance music, Dance-pop, Dance-punk, Disco house, Electro, Electrofunk, Electro house, Electronic music, Eurodance, Funk, Goa, Goa trance, House music, Ibiza music, New Rave, P-Funk, Post-punk, Progressive electronic music, Progressive house, Progressive trance, Psychedelic music, Psychedelic trance, Punk, Rave music, Techno, Trance, Vocal house|
|Occupation(s)||DJ, producer, musician, composer, turntablist|
|Years active||from 1989|
He started in the world of music from the explosion of French free radio during the 1980s. With his radio program "Virus", he showcased independent underground punk and funk with the likes of ESG, Liquid Liquid and early electronic beats of Split Second and Front 242.
In 1989, with the revolution of the Acid House movement, Pascal Kleiman found his calling as a DJ and record producer performing and creating music for the first rave parties in France. In 1992, he took on his first Artist residency at a nightclub in Madrid called club “Attica”. He soon moved to Valencia, Spain in 1993 where he took on a new Artist residency at "NOD[disambiguation needed]" alongside Kike Jaen.
Born without arms or hands, he is known by many as “The Amazing Pascal", or "The DJ who spins with his feet”, Pascal Kleiman’s sound is characterized by a groove of diverse underground music. His record bag is full of ambient, dub, progressive and psychedelic electronic music from European, South African, American and Asian artists. Pascal Kleiman doesn't stop short of progressive and psy-trance. Owning his own record shop gives him access in the latest electronic dance music. His production skills have allowed him to produce several vinyl releases and recently he has worked on some new tracks coming out on his forthcoming CD release with Psycho Abstract.
- 2007 - "Konichiwa" Pascal Kleiman & Jose Caparos - Age of Aquarious
- 2007 - “Empty Your Mind” Pascal Kleiman & Psycho Abstract - Psylove
- 2007 - “Heroes, Nothing Is Impossible” Ángel Loza - Short movie featuring Pascal Kleiman
- 2006 - Psylove Pascal Kleiman & Psycho Abstract - Psylove
- 1997 - Double LP Amelia, Over the Age - Underground Valencia
- 1997 - Abstrax Elements of Art - Underground Valencia
- 1997 - Electric Reverting Elements of Art - Underground Valencia
- 1996 - Escalator Age of Aquarious - Prodisk
- 1996 - Tecnicidad Club House - Prodisk
- 1995 - Aerial Age of Aquarious - Prodisk
- 1996 - Rhythm Sex Prodigy - Prodisk edited by Pirate Records
Clubs in Spain
Latex - a 1 year Artist residency
Also at: La Real, La Florida, Chocolate, ACTV, Puzzle, Barraca, Pachá, Space, Radical, Mogambo, RDC, Repvblica, 69 Monos, El Peach, La Macarena, Tito’s, DC 10, Sala 4 and many more...
- Laurent Garnier in Rex Club, Paris and Barraca, Valencia
- DJ Garth (Grayhound recordings) in Sala 4, Valencia
- Maurice Fullton in 69 Monos, Valencia
- John Cutler (Distant Music) in Phonotica, Asturias
- Titonton Duvante (Residual records) in Latex, Valencia
- Ellie Kleiman of Ohio (his sister) (Residual records) in Cincinnati]
- Mekanika, CPU and Alex Tolstey in Barraca
- VJ Kyle Lyons (VJ LOOPS) Valencia
Projects and Shows
- 1997 - Love Sonico/ Love Wear - Local Valencian underground clothing and record shop
- 2006 - Psylove – Carrying underground clothing, records, cds and vj/dj equipment
- 2007 - Audio/Visual School- classes for djs and vjs (Psylove, 3rd floor)
- http://www.dmtstudios.com/Pascal_Kleiman/ Retrieved 20 December 2010.