June 16, 1983 |
Labrador City, NF, CAN
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||197 lb (89 kg; 14 st 1 lb)|
Pascal Pelletier (born June 16, 1983) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player for KHL Medveščak Zagreb of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL). He is one of only three players from Labrador to play in the NHL, Dan LaCosta and Chad Penney being the other two. Pelletier was born in Labrador City, Newfoundland, but grew up in Quebec City, Quebec.
Undrafted, Pelletier played in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League before making his professional debut in the ECHL with the Louisiana IceGators. In the 2005–06 season, Pelletier was signed to an AHL contract with the Providence Bruins and after a solid season was signed to a NHL contract with parent club, the Boston Bruins, on August 7, 2006.
Pelletier made his NHL debut with the Boston Bruins during the 2007–08 season, he was first recalled from Provdience on January 16, 2008. Pelletier played in a total of six games. On July 24, 2008, Pelletier was traded by the Bruins to the Chicago Blackhawks for Martin St. Pierre. He signed a one-year contract with the Blackhawks on August 8, 2008.
After a year playing for the Blackhawks' AHL affiliate the Rockford IceHogs, Pelletier signed a one-year deal with Columbus Blue Jackets of the NHL for the 2009–10 season. On December 8, 2009 he was traded to the St. Louis Blues for Brendan Bell and Tomas Kana. He was immediately sent to their affiliate the Peoria Rivermen.
On July 5, 2013, Pelletier returned to North America after three seasons with the SCL Tigers, signing a one-year two-way contract with the Vancouver Canucks. He was assigned to begin the 2013–14 season with AHL affiliate, the Utica Comets. He was recalled to the Canucks on October 20, and played his first NHL game since 2009.
On June 24, 2014, receiving limited opportunity in his single season with the Canucks, Pelletier opted to return to Europe in signing a one-year contract with Croatian club, Medveščak Zagreb the KHL.
- "Boston Bruins transactions". ESPN. August 7, 2006. Retrieved November 16, 2008.
- "Bruins recall forward Pelletier". USA Today. January 16, 2008. Retrieved November 16, 2008.
- "Bruins acquire Martin St. Pierre". Boston Bruins. July 24, 2008. Retrieved November 16, 2008.
- "Blakchawks sign Pascal Pelletier after trade with Bruins". tmcnet.com. August 8, 2008. Retrieved November 16, 2008.
- "Blues Acquire Pelletier from Columbus". St. Louis Blues. December 8, 2009. Retrieved December 9, 2009.
- "Pascal Pelletier commits to SCL" (in German). SCL Tigers. May 19, 2010. Retrieved May 19, 2010.
- "Canucks ink Pelletier". The Sports Network. July 5, 2013. Retrieved July 5, 2013.
- "Pelletier again in Europe" (in Croatian). KHL Medvescak Zagreb. 2014-06-14. Retrieved 2014-06-14.