Paschim Banga Gramin Bank
|Industry||Banking, Financial services|
|Products||Credit cards, consumer banking, corporate banking, finance and insurance, investment banking, mortgage loans, private banking, private equity, wealth management|
Paschim Banga Gramin Bank (PBGB) is a Regional Rural Bank established on 26 February 2007 in exercise of the powers conferred by Sub-section (1) of Section 23A of the Regional Rural Bank Act, 1976 (21 of 1976). The Bank is established by the amalgamation of Howrah Gramin Bank, Bardhaman Gramin Bank and Mayurakshi Gramin Bank.
This bank is sponsored by UCO Bank & Owned by Govt. of India, Govt. of West Bengal and UCO Bank . The shareholders of the Bank are Govt. of India (50%), UCO Bank (35%) and Govt. of West Bengal (15%). The bank's head office is located at Tikiapada, Howrah.
In the 2013-14 financial year, the bank made a net profit of Rs 20.12 Crore.
It has 219 Branches and 4 Regional Offices. The Regional Offices are :
- Howrah Regional Office - Regional Manager - Sri Binay kumar Mukhopadhyay.
- Chinsurah Regional Office - Regional Manager-in-charge - Sri Swapan Saha.
- Bardhaman Regional Office - Regional Manager-in-charge - Sri Sanjeeb Ghosh
- Suri Regional Office - Regional Manager - Sri Manik Mondal
Area of operations
The Bank is operating in 4 districts of West Bengal State. They are :
Board of Directors
- P. Mitra, Chairman
- Sourav Das, Principal Secretary, Govt of West Bengal
- A. K. Das, Special Secretary to Govt of West Bengal
- Subir Sen, RBI
- C M Murmu, NABARD