|Meaning||"associated with Passover (or Easter)"|
|Region of origin||Neolatin languages|
|Related names||Pasqual, Pascal, Pascale, Pascalle, Paschal, Paschalis, Pascoe, Pascual, Pascuale, Pasquino|
|Look up Pasquale Pasquini in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Pasquale is a masculine Italian given name and a surname found all over Italy. It is a cognate of the French name Pascal, the Spanish Pascual, the Portuguese Pascoal and the Catalan Pasqual. Pasquale derives from the Latin paschalis or pashalis, which means "relating to Easter", from Latin pascha ("Easter"), Greek Πάσχα, Aramaic pasḥā, in turn from the Hebrew פֶּסַח, which means "to be born on, or to be associated with, Passover day". Since the Hebrew holiday Passover coincides closely with the later Christian holiday of Easter, the Latin word came to be used for both occasions.
The names Paschal, Pasqual, Pascal, Pascale, Pascha, Paschalis, Pascual, Pascoe and Pasco are all variations of Pasquale. The feminine form, rather rare, is Pasquala, Pasqualina, Pascale, Pascalle or Pascalina. As a surname in Italy, Pasquale has many variations found all over the country: Pasquali, Pascale, Pascal, Pascali, Pascalis, De Pascalis, Pasqual, De Pasqual, De Pascal, De Pasquali, Di Pasquale, DiPasquale, Di Pascali, Di Pasquali, De Pasquale, De Pasqualin, De Pasqualis, Pasqualin, Pasqualini, Pasqualino, Pasqualon, Pasqualotto, Pasqualigo, Pasqualetti.
Pasquale may refer to:
- Pasquale Amati (1716–1796), an Italian antiquary
- Pasquale Amato (1878–1942), Italian operatic baritone
- Pasquale Anfossi (1727–1797), Italian opera composer
- Pasquale Berardi (born 1983), an Italian footballer.
- Pasquale Borgomeo (1933–2009), an Italian Catholic Jesuit priest
- Pasquale Buonocore (1916–2003), an Italian water polo player
- Pasquale Festa Campanile (1927–1986), Italian screenwriter and film director
- Pasquale Camerlengo (born 1966), an Italian retired competitive ice dancer
- Pasquale Cajano (1921–2000), an Italian-American film actor
- Pasquale Carpino (1936–2005), Italian Chef, host of Pasquale's Kitchen Express
- Pasquale Cicogna (1509–1595), Italian politician, the Doge of Venice from 1585 to 1595
- Pasquale Joseph Federico (1902–1982), an American patent attorney and mathematician
- Pasquale Foggia (born 1983), Italian footballer
- Pasquale Fornara (1925–1990), an Italian road bicycle racer
- Pasquale Galluppi (1770–1846), Italian philosopher
- Pasquale Gravina (born 1970), Italian professional volleyball player
- Pasquale Gumbo, fictional character in Rose Is Rose comic strip
- Pasquale Macchi (1923–2006), an Italian Catholic archbishop, private secretary to Pope Paul VI.
- Pasquale Stanislao Mancini (1817–1888), an Italian jurist and statesman.
- Pasquale Marino (born 1962), Italian football coach
- Pasquale Ottini (c. 1570 - 1630), an Italian painter of the early-Baroque period, active mainly in Verona
- Pasquale Padalino (born 1972), an Italian footballer
- Pasquale Paoli (1725–1807), a Corsican patriot and leader
- Pasquale del Pezzo (1859–1936), an Italian mathematician
- Pasquale Rizzoli (1871–1953), an Italian sculptor
- Pasquale Rossi (1641 - after 1718), Italian painter
- Pasquale Sbarra (born 1988), a Swiss-Italian football player
- Pasquale Simonelli (1878–1960), an Italian-American banker.
- Pasquale Villari (1827–1917), an Italian historian and politician.
- Pasquale of Bourbon, Prince of Two Sicilies, Count of Bari (1852–1904), an Italian noble
- Arnaud Di Pasquale (born 1979), a French tennis player
- Eli Pasquale (born 1960), a former star Canadian basketball player
- Emanuel di Pasquale, an American poet and translator
- Frédéric de Pasquale (1931–2001), a French actor
- Giovanni Pasquale (born 1982), an Italian football player
- James Di Pasquale (born 1941), an American composer
- Joe Pasquale (born 1961), a British comedian
- Joseph de Pasquale, an American violist
- Lisa De Pasquale, Political columnist
- Luigi Di Pasquale, an Italian footballer
- Mauro Di Pasquale, an American columnist
- Steven Pasquale, an American actor
- Umberto Pasquale (1906–1985), Italian priest and writer
- Pasquale Hnos., a Peruvian fast food franchise
- Don Pasquale, a comic opera by Gaetano Donizetti
- Olivo e Pasquale, a melodramma giocoso by Gaetano Donizetti
- Pasquale, pseudonym of Don Manley (born 1945), British crossword compiler
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.