Passamaquoddy Pleasant Point Reservation
The reservation is located on the shore of Passamaquoddy Bay between Eastport and Perry. It is almost completely surrounded by Perry, except at its southern end, which borders Eastport. According to the United States Census Bureau, the Indian reservation has a total area of 0.5 mi² (1.2 km²), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 640 people, 233 households, and 160 families residing in the Indian reservation. The population density was 1,376.2/mi² (525.8/km²). There were 256 housing units at an average density of 550.5/mi² (210.3/km²). This census data conflicts with Passamaquoddy tribal census rolls, indicating a total of 2,005 people at Pleasant Point. The racial makeup of the Indian reservation was 9.38% White, 88.59% Native American, 0.31% from other races, and 1.72% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.25% of the population.
There were 233 households out of which 43.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 29.6% were married couples living together, 27.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.3% were non-families. 27.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.74 and the average family size was 3.27.
In the Indian reservation the population was spread out with 35.2% under the age of 18, 10.3% from 18 to 24, 31.7% from 25 to 44, 15.9% from 45 to 64, and 6.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 29 years. For every 100 females there were 96.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 102.4 males.
The median income for a household in the Indian reservation was $15,956, and the median income for a family was $22,500. Males had a median income of $23,333 versus $22,500 for females. The per capita income for the Indian reservation was $9,096. About 36.7% of families and 38.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 40.5% of those under age 18 and 31.6% of those age 65 or over.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Passamaquoddy Pleasant Point Reservation, Washington County, Maine". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 20, 2012.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Our People". Passamaquoddy Tribe. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Pleasant Point - Passamaquoddy Tribal Government
- Wabanaki Tribes - Four Directions Development Corporation
- Wabanaki Trails - Passamaquoddy Tribe at Pleasant Point