Pat Brown (criminal profiler)
New Jersey, USA
|Occupation||Criminal profiler, author|
|Subjects||Crime, chiefly serial killing|
|Notable work(s)||The Profiler: My Life Hunting Serial Killers and Psychopaths|
|Children||1 daughter, 2 sons|
Pat Brown (born 1955) is an American writer, criminal profiler and commentator.
Early life and education
In 1996, Brown founded The Sexual Homicide Exchange (SHE). In 2000, she opened The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency.
Brown wrote about her criminological approach in 2010 in The Profiler: My Life Hunting Serial Killers and Psychopaths with co-author Bob Andelman. In 2008 she wrote about the psychology of predators in Killing for Sport: Inside the Minds of Serial Killers. She is a co-founder of and a regular contributor to Women in Crime Ink, described by The Wall Street Journal as "a blog worth reading."
Brown has provided crime commentary, profiling, and forensic analysis on national and international TV and radio. She has appeared on CNN, MSNBC, FOX, NBC and CBS and is a frequent guest on the "Today", "The Early Show", "Nancy Grace", Jane Velez-Mitchell, HLN "Prime News",and FOX TV's America's Most Wanted. In October 2006, she appeared on The Montel Williams Show to discuss women who unknowingly date wanted criminals.
For four seasons, she profiled crimes on the weekly Court TV crime show I, Detective. She was the host of Discovery Channel's 2004 documentary The Mysterious Death of Cleopatra. She consulted and appeared as a profiler on "Jack the Ripper" (2010) for The Mystery Files.
Brown was a writer for The Crime Library, and a content contributor for the 2005 home DVD edition of Profiler: Season Two and the 2006 DVD release of Quentin Tarantino's crime classic Reservoir Dogs.
- Killing for Sport: Inside the minds of serial killers (Beverly Hills, CA, New Millenium Press, 2003); updated, Phoenix Books, 2008
- The Profiler: My life hunting serial killers and psychopaths, Brown with Bob Andelman (Hyperion Books, 2010)
- How to Save Your Daughter's Life: Straight talk for parents from America's top criminal profiler (Deerfield Beach, FL: Health Communications, Inc [HCI], 2012)
- The Murder of Cleopatra: History's greatest cold case (Prometheus Books, 2013)
- "''The Hindu'' magazine profile, "To Catch a Killer", April 18, 2004". Chennai, India: Hindu.com. 2004-04-18. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency". Criminalprofilerpatbrown.com. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "Amazon book listing, The Profiler: My Life Hunting Serial Killers and Psychopaths". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "Amazon book listing, Killing for Sport: Inside the Minds of Serial Killers". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "Women in Crime Ink, contributor". Womenincrimeink.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- Wall Street Journal article[dead link]
- Star Tribune, "Pat Brown analyzes Tiger", December 22, 2009
- "Rita Cosy Live, "The Murder of Pamela Vitale"". MSNBC. 2005-10-18. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "Scarborough Country, "The Runaway Bride"". MSNBC. 2005-05-05. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "LexisNexis News listing". .lexisnexis.com. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- The Montel Williams Show - Season 16, Episode 637: PRINCE CHARMING OR DANGEROUS CRIMINAL? - TV.com
- I, Detective cast listing, IMDb
- "TVSA actor listing". Tvsa.co.za. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "The Mystery Files". The Mystery Files. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "truTV article, "Always a Dangerous Mother?"". Trutv.com. 2011-05-15. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "TV Guide credits listing". Tvguide.com. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- Celizic, Mike (2010-05-18). ""Meet the ex-housewife who stalks psycho killers", Today Show, May 18, 2010". Today.msnbc.msn.com. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "Book Review: The Profiler: My Life Hunting Serial Killers and Psychopaths by Pat Brown with Bob Andelman". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. 2011-04-26.
- HCI Books, How to Save Your Daughter's Life book page
- "Korean edition of ''The Profiler''". Bookgom.co.kr. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "German edition of ''The Profiler''". Amazon.de. 2009-09-09. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (April 2014)|
- Founder and CEO, The Sexual Homicide Exchange
- Pat Brown at the Internet Movie Database
- Publishers Weekly review, Killing for Sport
- Pat Brown Criminal Justice Club
- Paul Hunter Interviews Pat Brown on the DC Sniper Attacks
- Guest, Coast to Coast AM
- "Three Years Later: Where's Madeleine McCann?" CBSNews, May 3, 2010
- Criminal Profiler Pat Brown Discusses the Casey Anthony Case, Investigation Discovery, December 12, 2008
- Contributor, The Crime Library, truTV.com
- News Blaze, "My Life Hunting Serial Killers and Psychopaths", July 2, 2010
- Pat Brown at Library of Congress Authorities, with 3 catalog records