|Patrick M. Browne|
|Member of the Pennsylvania Senate
from the 16th district
May 3, 2005
|Preceded by||Charlie Dent|
|Constituency||Parts of Lehigh, Monroe, and Northampton Counties|
of the Pennsylvania Senate
January 4, 2011
|Preceded by||Jane Orie|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
from the 131st district
January 3, 1995 – May 3, 2005
|Preceded by||Karen Ritter|
|Succeeded by||Karen Beyer|
|Constituency||Part of Lehigh County|
December 8, 1963 |
|Alma mater||University of Notre Dame
Temple University Law School
|Profession||Legislator - CPA - Attorney|
Patrick M. Browne is a Republican member of the Pennsylvania State Senate who has represented the 16th District since 2005. His district includes portions of Lehigh County, Monroe County and Northampton County.
Prior to his election to the State Senate, Browne worked as Certified Public Accountant and attorney. He also was a tax manager for Coopers and Lybrand from 1990 to 1994 and a tax supervisor for Price Waterhouse from 1986 to 1990.
Browne was a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives from 1994 to 2005. In 2005, he won a special election to fill the Senate seat vacated by Charlie Dent who resigned to take a seat in the United States House of Representatives.
- "SESSION OF 2005 - 189TH OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY - No. 26" (PDF). Pennsylvania Senate. 2005-05-03.
- "SESSION OF 1995 - 179TH OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY - No. 1" (PDF). Legislative Journal. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. 1995-01-03.
- "SESSION OF 2005 - 189TH OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY - No. 28" (PDF). Legislative Journal. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. 2005-05-03.
- "Patrick M. Browne (Republican)". Official Pennsylvania House of Representatives Profile. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. Archived from the original on 2000-02-11.
- "Sen. Browne, under investigation for possible DUI crash, in hospital with 'considerable injuries'".
- Pennsylvania State Senate - Pat Browne official PA Senate website
- Senator Browne official caucus website
- Browne for Senate official campaign website
|This article about a member of the Pennsylvania State Senate is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|