Pat McCoy (baseball)
|Detroit Tigers – No. 63|
August 3, 1988 |
|Bats: Left||Throws: Left|
|June 22, 2014 for the Detroit Tigers|
(through July 13, 2014)
|Earned run average||1.80|
McCoy attended Sahuaro High School in Tucson, Arizona, where he posted a 7–3 record, with a 2.71 ERA, striking out 89 in 62 innings in his junior year. During his senior year, he posted a 2–0 record, with a 0.64 ERA, striking out 24 in 11 innings.
McCoy was a member of team Arizona at the 2006 Junior Sunbelt, where they finished the tournament in 6th place, with a 5–5 record. McCoy was a member of team Arizona at the 2007 Senior Sunbelt, where they finished the tournament in 3rd place, with a 7–3 record.
McCoy was drafted by the Washington Nationals in the 10th round of the 2007 Major League Baseball Draft. McCoy played in the Nationals minor league system until 2013. McCoy reached the Triple-A level for the first time in 2013, appearing in seven games for the Syracuse Chiefs. McCoy spent most of the year with Double-A Harrisburg where he posted a 2–1 record, with a 4.32 ERA, and striking out 36 in 41.2 innings. From the end of June 30 to July 19, he had a streak of seven-consecutive scoreless relief appearance for the Senators. During McCoy's seven years with the Nationals' organization he accumulated 16 wins, 311 strikeouts, and a 4.67 ERA in 224 games.
McCoy signed a minor league contract with the Detroit Tigers in December 2013. On June 21, 2014, the Detroit Tigers purchased McCoy's contract from Triple-A Toledo. McCoy made his major league debut the next day in a game against the Cleveland Indians. Before being called up, McCoy posted a 3–0 record, with a 2.94 ERA and a .246 batting average against between Double-A Erie and Triple-A Toledo. The Tigers called up McCoy again on August 23, 2014 before a doubleheader with the Minnesota Twins.
- Arizona Junior Sunbelt
- Arizona Senior Sunbelt
- Former Sahuaro High pitcher Pat McCoy joins Detroit Tigers' organization
- Report: Detroit Tigers sign three minor leaguers
- Tigers' Patrick McCoy and Chad Smith make major league debuts
- McCoy grabs opportunity in Tigers' bullpen
- "Detroit Tigers call up Kyle Lobstein, Patrick McCoy from Toledo; Robbie Ray, Ian Krol sent down | Mlive". mlive.com. Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or Baseball-Reference, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)