|The Most Reverend
BTh MA (Dubl)
|Church||Church of Ireland|
|Diocese||Meath and Kildare|
|Elected||19 September 2013|
|Birth name||Patricia Shaw|
|Born||1960 (age 54–55)
|Alma mater||Trinity College, Dublin
Church of Ireland Theological College
Patricia "Pat" Storey (born 1960) is an Irish bishop. She has been the Bishop of Meath and Kildare in the Church of Ireland (Anglican) since 2013. She is the first female bishop in the Church of Ireland and the first female Anglican bishop in Ireland and Great Britain.
Storey was born in 1960. She studied French and English at Trinity College, Dublin, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in 1983; as per tradition, her BA was later promoted to a Master of Arts (MA Dubl) degree. In 1994, she began to train for ordination at the Church of Ireland Theological College. She graduated in 1997 with a Bachelor of Theology (BTh) degree.
Storey was ordained in the Church of Ireland as deacon in 1997 and priest in 1998. From 1997 to 2000, she served her curacy at St Patrick's Church, Ballymena, County Antrim. From 2000 to 2004, she was an assistant curate at St Aidan's Church, Glenavy, County Antrim. In 2004, she was appointed rector of St Augustine's Church, Derry, County Londonderry.
On 19 September 2013, Storey was chosen by the House of Bishops to succeed Richard Clarke as Bishop of Meath and Kildare. She was consecrated to the episcopate at Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin, on 30 November 2013. She is the first woman to be elected as a bishop in the Church of Ireland and the first female Anglican Communion bishop in Ireland and Great Britain.
- "34729 P L". Crockford's Clerical Directory (online ed.). Church House Publishing. Retrieved 30 March 2015. (Subscription required)
- "Reverend Pat Storey first woman Anglican bishop in Ireland". BBC News. BBC. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "Irish Anglicans install Rev Pat Storey as bishop". BBC News. 30 November 2013. Retrieved 30 November 2013.
- "Bishop Clarke". Diocese of Meath and Kildare. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- Erlanger, Steven (20 September 2013). "Anglicans Name First Female Bishop in Ireland". The New York Times. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- MacDonald, Sarah MacDonald (1 December 2013). "Church of Ireland’s first female bishop ordained". CatholicIreland.net. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "First female bishop in British Isles ordained in ceremony at Dublin Cathedral". The Daily Mail. 1 December 2013. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
|Church of Ireland titles|
|Bishop of Meath and Kildare
2013 to present