|• Type||Municipal Of GHMC|
|Elevation||522 m (1,713 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Patancheru also known as Patan Cheruvu, is a suburb in Hyderabad, India and mandal headquarters in Medak district in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh located about 32 km from the centre of city on the Hyderabad-Sholapur highway, and around 15 km from HITEC City. Earlier, it was the headquarters of Bidar and Gulshanabad revenue divisions. It has a number of temples built between 12th and 15th centuries. Patancheru is home to ICRISAT. The area is also home to a large number of pharmaceutical manufacturers, which has resulted in local river water being the most drug polluted water in the world.
Patancheru is located at  It has an average elevation of 522 metres (1712 feet). Saki Lake is situated very close to the Patancheru Bus Terminus..
As of 2001[update] India census, Patancheru had a population of 40,332. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Patancheru has an average literacy rate of 66%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 57%. In Patancheru, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Ameenapur (village and panchayat)-Beeramguda
- Bhanur (village and panchayat)
- Chinna Kanjerla (village and panchayat)
- Chitkul (village and panchayat)
- Ghanpur (village and panchayat)
- Ilapur (village and panchayat)
- Indresham (village and panchayat)
- Inole (village and panchayat)
- Isnapur (village and panchayat)
- Kardanur (village and panchayat)
- Kistareddipet (village and panchayat)
- Kyasaram (village and panchayat)
- Lakdaram (village and panchayat)
- Muthangi (village and panchayat)
- Nandigaon (village and panchayat)
- Pasha Mylaram (village and panchayat)
- Pati (village and panchayat)
- Pedda Kanjerla (village and panchayat)
- Pocharam (village and panchayat)
- Rudraram - (village and panchayat)
- Sultanpur (village and panchayat)
- Wadakpalle (village and panchayat)
'Patancheru' is now part of Greater Hyderabad.
There are a number of educational institutions in Patancheru, including the following:
- RRS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY( NEAR ORR,MUTHANGI(v)PATANCHERU(M))
- Gopal Reddy College of Engineering & Technology (Pedda Kanjarla, Patancheru)
- GITAM University Hyderabad Campus
- Maheswara Institute Of Technology
- St. Joseph's High School ( JP Colony )
- TRR College of Engineering ( INOLE, Patancheru )
- Manjeera Public School ( Shanthi Nagar )
- Sishu Vihar High School ( Shanthi Nagar )
- Sri Sai Public School
- Araswathi Shishu Mandir
- Zilla Parishad School
Government Degree college(market street)
Patancheru is the major Industrial hub of Andhra Pradesh.Major industries like Asian paints,Arabindo Farma, Kirby Building Systems and Sandvik(MNC)are located in this area. It received major boost when Indira Gandhi served as the M.P of Medak constituency, when she started the Industrial park in Patancheru.
The highest level of drug pollution in water was found in Pantacheru in 2009. Researchers found measurable quantities of 21 different manufactured drugs in the water. The pollution results from wastewater dumped into the river by the over 90 local pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Mason, Margie (26 January 2009). "World's Highest Drug Pollution Levels Found In Indian Stream". Huffington Post. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Patancheru
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Details of Andhra Pradesh till Village Panchayat Tier