|• Type||Municipal Of GHMC|
|Elevation||522 m (1,713 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Patancheru also known as Patan Cheruvu,it was one of largest industrial zone with the huge number of companies with out any basic infrastructure for the people even the local leader was not bothering on public welfare every ruling leader are focusing on corruption but on the development of the area. Not even planning for metro nor good housing society with the huge population source. Now people and company slowing moving to other places may be in a decade there clear vacant of industries in this area if the same strategy has been continued by leader. public and leader please make a better use of industry strength for growing up the patancheru with the better road and railway with the proper layouts and underground drainage and make a better industrial corridor along the IT zone make it has major hub resources for telangana state,
It is located about 32 km from the centre of city on the Hyderabad-Sholapur highway, and around 18 km from HITEC City. Earlier, it was the headquarters of Bidar and Gulshanabad revenue divisions. It has a number of temples built between 12th and 15th centuries. Patancheru is home to ICRISAT. The area is also home to a large number of pharmaceutical manufacturers, which has resulted in local river water being the most drug polluted water in the world. Gudem Mahipal Reddy from TRS is representing Patancheru as the Member of legislative Assembly(MLA).
Patancheru is located at  It has an average elevation of 522 metres (1712 feet). Saki Lake is situated very close to the Patancheru Bus Terminus..
As of 2001[update] India census, Patancheru had a population of 40,332. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Patancheru has an average literacy rate of 66%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 57%. In Patancheru, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Ameenapur (village and panchayat)-Beeramguda
- Bhanur (village and panchayat)
- Chinna Kanjerla (village and panchayat)
- Chitkul (village and panchayat)
- Ghanpur (village and panchayat)
- Ilapur (village and panchayat)
- Indresham (village and panchayat)
- Inole (village and panchayat)
- Isnapur (village and panchayat)
- Kardanur (village and panchayat)
- Kistareddipet (village and panchayat)
- Kyasaram (village and panchayat)
- Lakdaram (village and panchayat)
- Muthangi (village and panchayat)
- Nandigaon (village and panchayat)
- Pasha Mylaram (village and panchayat)
- Pati (village and panchayat)
- Pedda Kanjerla (village and panchayat)
- Pocharam (village and panchayat)
- Rudraram - (village and panchayat)
- Sultanpur (village and panchayat)
- Wadakpalle (village and panchayat)
'Patancheru' is now part of Greater Hyderabad.
There are a number of educational institutions in Patancheru, including the following:
- Shishu Vihar High School ( Shanthi Nagar )(Branch: kardanur village, patancheru)
- Turbomachinery Institute of Technology & Sciences,Indresham(V),Patancheru(M)
- RRS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY( NEAR ORR,MUTHANGI(v)PATANCHERU(M))
- Gopal Reddy College of Engineering & Technology (Pedda Kanjarla, Patancheru)
- GITAM University Hyderabad Campus
- Maheshwara Institute Of Technology(chitkul,patancheru)
- Maheshwara Engineering College
- St. Joseph's High School ( JP Colony )
- TRR College of Engineering ( INOLE, Patancheru )
- Manjeera Public School ( Shanthi Nagar )
- Sri Sai Public School(Sri nagar colony)
- Saraswathi Shishu Mandir
- Zilla Parishad School
- Sri Venkateshwara High School (JP Colony Main Road)
- Geeta high school (Shanthi Nagar)
- Sree Vani High School (JP Colony Main Road)
- shanthi nikethan high school,patancheru,goutham nagar
Government Degree college(market street)
Patancheru is the major Industrial hub of Telangana. Major industries like Asian Paints,Aurobindo Pharma,Fenner,Pennar Kirby Building Systems and Sandvik(MNC)are located in this area. It received major boost when Indira Gandhi served as the M.P of Medak constituency, when she started the Industrial park in Patancheru.
The highest level of drug pollution in water was found in Pantacheru in 2009. Researchers found measurable quantities of 21 different manufactured drugs in the water. The pollution results from waste water dumped into the river by the over 90 local pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Mason, Margie (26 January 2009). "World's Highest Drug Pollution Levels Found In Indian Stream". Huffington Post. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Patancheru
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Details of Andhra Pradesh till Village Panchayat Tier