|Edited by||Vardkes Mikayelyan|
Armenian Academy of Sciences (Armenia)
Patma-Banasirakan Handes (Armenian: Պատմա-Բանասիրական Հանդես; Russian: Историко-филологический журнал, Historical-Philological Journal) is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal published by the Armenian Academy of Sciences. It covers research on Armenian history (particularly material related to the ancient and medieval periods), art history, literature, and linguistics. The journal also publishes discussions and debates, book reviews and also has special sections devoted to science news and Armenian Diasporan affairs. It occasionally publishes obituaries and biographies and commemorates the lives of noted scholars involved in Armenian studies. It was established in 1958 by Armenian academician Mkrtich G. Nersisyan, who was the journal's first editor-in-chief until his death in 1999. The current editor is Vardkes Mikayelyan.
Most articles that were published in Armenian during the Soviet era included a Russian abstract, while those articles published in Russian had an Armenian abstract. In recent years, following Armenia's independence in 1991, some articles have come to include English abstracts.
- Lraber Hasarakakan Gitutyunneri
- Haigazian Armenological Review
- Handes Amsorya
- Revue des Études Arméniennes
- (Armenian) Vardanyan, N. «Պատմա-Բանասիրական Հանդես» [Patma-Banasirakan Handes]. Armenian Soviet Encyclopedia. Yerevan: Armenian Academy of Sciences, 1983, vol. ix, pp. 158-159.
- (Russian) Deceased Members: Nersisyan, Mkrtich G. National Academy of Sciences of Armenia. Accessed August 30, 2009.
- National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia.