|Traded as||NASDAQ: IGTE|
|Industry||IT services, BPO|
|Headquarters||Bridgewater, New Jersey, U.S.|
|North America, Europe, Japan & Australia|
|Ashok Vemuri (Chief Executive Officer)|
|Services||IT and Outsourcing services|
|Revenue||US$ 1.2 billion (2014)|
Number of employees
|33,484+ (December, 2014)|
IGATE is an IT services company, headquartered in Bridgewater, New Jersey. The firm engages with corporations in North America, Europe, Japan and Australia providing platform-based solutions to clients' by integrating technology and processes in a proprietary way. Its revenues are over US$1.2 billion, and it has a global workforce of over 33,484. The firm has over 70 offices and customer delivery centers across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
In 2011, IGATE, acquired Patni Computer Systems–a company three times its size at the time. With a value of around a billion US dollars, this acquisition was the largest cross-border leveraged transaction in the IT sector. The integration of the two companies was accomplished over 12 months, including the delisting of Patni from the Indian bourses and consolidating the shareholder value in the U.S. Initially. iGATE firm changed its name to iGATE Patni. It was changed to IGATE again on 7 May 2012. shares adel sited on the NYSE as "IGTE".
Key industry verticals
- Banking & Financial Services
- Retail & Consumer Packaged Goods
- Product & Engineering Solutions
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Media & Entertainment
- Communications, Energy & Utility
- Application Development
- Application Maintenance
- Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Cloud Services
- Engineering Design Services
- Enterprise Application Solutions
- Enterprise Mobility
- Infrastructure Management Services
- P&ES Embedded systems
- Product Verification & Validation
- Verification & Validation
The firm has offices in the following nations: United States of America, Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, India, Mexico, Malaysia, Singapore, United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, South Africa and Sweden.
Its customer delivery centers are located in Pensacola, Florida; El Paso, Texas; Sterling, Virginia; Guadalajara, Mexico; Mississauga, Ontario; Stockholm, Sweden; London, UK; Ballarat, Australia; Suzhou, China; and Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad, Noida and Gandhinagar in India. Its training and development facility, iGate Corporate University, is located in Pune.
Situated on 50 acres (200,000 m2) of land in the Navi Mumbai area, this campus includes facilities for software development, training, customer care, employee recreation, among others. The IGATE (Patni) Knowledge Park accommodates 17,000 professionals. The firmThe IGATE Knowledge Centre, set up with an investment of Rs. 1.75 billion, complements the organization's green initiatives around efficient utilization and conservation of energy, water and natural resources. Developed on Green Architecture, the centre is spread over 5 acres (20,000 m2) and has a seating capacity of over 3500.
Corporate and Business Awards:
- ranked 51st in Fortune's100 Fastest Growing Companies list in 2014. Read more
- Ashok Vemuri was elected to the Board of IT Governors at The World Economic Forum, Davos.
- VCCircle Award 2014  under the category- Best PE/VC backed IT Company of the Year 2013.
- named No.1 in Dataquest-CMR Best Employer Survey for 2012. With this, IGATE remained in the Top 3 for the sixth year in a row and for the second time, was ranked no.1.
- ranked No.2 in the 'Best Employer Survey in Greater Toronto Area' conducted by Aon Hewitt in collaboration with Queen's University, Canada.
- two awards at the fourth Asia's Best Employer Brand Awards 2013. The Company was awarded for "Global HR Strategy," while Dr. Srinivas Kandula, Global Head – HR, IGATE was given the "HR Leadership Award".
- The Bangalore campus was rated as the most green campus by the Mysore Horticultural Society
- IGATE Corporation - Annual Report
- Ashok Vermuri appointed as IGATE CEO
- "Patni software park to seat 17,000". Rediff.com. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- Greener Living. "GREEN SEZ IN NOIDA | Greener Living". Greenerlivingonline.com. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Patni Inaugurates Green IT-BPO Centre in Noida : Global Growth Investors". General Atlantic. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- VCCircle Awards 2014