|Traded as||NASDAQ: IGTE|
|Industry||IT services, BPO|
|Headquarters||Bridgewater, New Jersey, U.S.|
|North America, Europe, Japan & Australia|
|Ashok Vemuri (Chief Executive Officer)|
|Services||IT and Outsourcing services|
|Revenue||US$ 1.2 billion (2014)|
Number of employees
|33,484+ (December, 2014)|
IGATE is an IT services company, headquartered in Bridgewater, New Jersey. IGATE engages with corporations in North America, Europe, Japan and Australia providing platform-based solutions to clients' by integrating technology and processes in a proprietary way. Revenues of IGATE are over US$1.2 billion, and it has a global workforce of over 33,484. IGATE has over 70 offices and customer delivery centers across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. IGATE delivers solutions by integrating technology and operations (ITOPS).
IGATE, in 2011, acquired Patni Computer Systems – a company three times its size during that year. With a value of around a billion US dollars, this acquisition was the largest cross-border leveraged transaction in the IT sector. The integration and merger of the two companies was done smoothly and in quick pace of a period of 12 months, including the delisting of Patni Computer Systems from the Indian bourses and consolidating the shareholder value in the U.S. The integration and merger of the two companies was done smoothly and in quick pace of a period of 12 months, including the delisting of Patni Computer Systems from the Indian bourses and consolidating the shareholder value in the U.S.
After the acquisition of Patni Computer Systems in 2011, it started the merging process and changed its name to iGATE Patni. It was changed to IGATE again on 7 May 2012. IGATE has shares in NYSE listed as "IGTE".
Key industry verticals
- Banking & Financial Services
- Retail & Consumer Packaged Goods
- Product & Engineering Solutions
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Media & Entertainment
- Communications, Energy & Utility
- Application Development
- Application Maintenance
- Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Cloud Services
- Engineering Design Services
- Enterprise Application Solutions
- Enterprise Mobility
- Infrastructure Management Services
- P&ES Embedded systems
- Product Verification & Validation
- Verification & Validation
IGATE has offices in the following nations: United States of America, Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, India, Mexico, Malaysia, Singapore, United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, South Africa and Sweden.
IGATE’s customer delivery centers are located in Pensacola, Florida; El Paso, Texas; Sterling, Virginia; Guadalajara, Mexico; Mississauga, Ontario; Stockholm, Sweden; London, UK; Ballarat, Australia; Suzhou, China; and Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad, Noida and Gandhinagar in India.
IGATE Corporate University, training and development facility, located in Pune.
Situated on 50 acres (200,000 m2) of land in the Navi Mumbai area, this campus includes facilities for software development, training, customer care, employee recreation, among others. The IGATE (Patni) Knowledge Park accommodates 17,000 professionals.
The IGATE Knowledge Centre, set up with an investment of Rs. 1.75 billion, complements the organization's green initiatives around efficient utilization and conservation of energy, water and natural resources. Developed on Green Architecture, the centre is spread over 5 acres (20,000 m2) and has a seating capacity of over 3500.
Corporate and Business Awards:
- IGATE is ranked 51st in Fortune's100 Fastest Growing Companies list in 2014. Read more
- Ashok Vemuri was elected to the Board of IT Governors at The World Economic Forum, Davos.
- IGATE won the VCCircle Awards 2014  under the category- Best PE/VC backed IT Company of the Year 2013.
- IGATE was ranked as a high performer in the enterprise mobility space by HfS Research – a leading independent analyst authority and community for the global business services and outsourcing industry.
- IGATE was named No.1 in Dataquest-CMR Best Employer Survey for 2012. With this, IGATE remained in the Top 3 for the sixth year in a row and for the second time, was ranked no.1.
- IGATE was ranked No.2 in the 'Best Employer Survey in Greater Toronto Area' conducted by Aon Hewitt in collaboration with Queen's University, Canada.
- IGATE was recognized with two awards at the fourth Asia's Best Employer Brand Awards 2013. The Company was awarded for "Global HR Strategy," while Dr. Srinivas Kandula, Global Head – HR, IGATE was given the "HR Leadership Award".
- IGATE was conferred with the Gold Level Award in the Healthy Workplace 2013 assessment. Arogya World – the global health non-profit organization, conducted the first edition of this assessment in India as part of the Clinton Global Initiative Commitment to Action leveraging workplaces as platforms for wellness advancement and chronic disease prevention.
- IGATE's Bangalore campus was rated as the most green campus by the Mysore Horticultural Society
- IGATE Corporation - Annual Report
- Ashok Vermuri appointed as IGATE CEO
- "Patni software park to seat 17,000". Rediff.com. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- Greener Living. "GREEN SEZ IN NOIDA | Greener Living". Greenerlivingonline.com. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Patni Inaugurates Green IT-BPO Centre in Noida : Global Growth Investors". General Atlantic. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- VCCircle Awards 2014