NEMO (from NEw MOrtar), is a single 120 mm unmanned mortar turret currently being developed by Patria Weapons System Oy (PWS) in Finland. It is a lighter version of the AMOS mortar system, which is also being field tested. The NEMO can be fitted to most APCs and also to smaller landing craft, like the Finnish Jurmo class landing craft or the Swedish Combat Boat 90.
The first customer of the weapon system was the Slovenian Army, who ordered 24, while the United Arab Emirates Naval Forces bought 12 patrol boats, where some were to be equipped with NEMO mortars. Saudi Arabia bought 36 turrets to be equipped on its LAV II vehicles.
- Calibre: 120 mm
- Length: 3 m
- Angles: -3° to +85°
- Side angles: n × 360°
- Lock: half-automatic wedge
- Lifting device: hydro-pneumatic
- Fire preparation time: < 30 seconds
- Leave preparation time: < 10 seconds
- Rate of fire: 10 shots/minute (max); 7 shots/minute (continuous)
- Complement: 3 men
- Weight: ca. 1,500 kg
- "Slovenian Army’s New APCs: Patria's AMVs", Defense Industry Daily, 21 December 2006. Accessed 16 July 2008
- Defence Professionals: Patria Nemo Navy mortar system selected for UAE
- Armstrade Consulting
- Suomen Sotilas 4/2006, p. 41–45.