Patricia A. Woertz
|Patricia A. Woertz|
March 17, 1953 |
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Alma mater||Penn State University|
|Occupation||Chairman, President and CEO, Archer Daniels Midland|
Patricia Ann Woertz, (born March 17, 1953), is an American businesswoman. She has served as the President and CEO of Archer Daniels Midland since 2007. Formerly, she was Executive Vice President of the Chevron Corporation, where she spent 29 years and served as its Executive Vice President of Global Downstream.
Education and early career
Born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1953, she studied accounting at Penn State University, graduating in 1974. She first worked for Ernst & Young in Pittsburgh, then moved to Gulf Oil, an Ernst & Young client. She was briefly in Vancouver, British Columbia, to become President of Chevron International and ultimately Executive Vice President of Chevron's global downstream operations. At ADM, she is expected to focus on ethanol and biofuels.
Archer Daniels Midland career
As CEO of ADM, in 2010, she was ranked the 3rd most powerful woman by Fortune magazine. In 2009, with a rank of 93, Woertz was the top-ranking woman on the Fortune 500's list of top CEOs. Also in 2009, Forbes ranked Woertz as the 26th most powerful woman in the world. Formerly an Executive Vice President at Chevron Corporation, Woertz left to pursue CEO opportunities. In an interview with Fortune Magazine, she characterized herself as an outsider at ADM: "I'm outside the company, outside the industry, outside the family, outside the gender expectations." While CEO of Archer Daniels Midland in 2009, Patricia A. Woertz earned a total compensation of $14,689,022, which included a base salary of $1,300,000, a cash bonus of $2,040,384, stocks granted of $4,919,563, options granted of $6,356,267, and other compensation totaling $72,807.
On December 16, 2012, Woertz was appointed President of the Board of Directors for the North American Coal Corporation.
In 2012 her compensation included a base salary of $5,975,000, a cash bonus of $6,500,000, stock options totaling $8,000,000, and other compensations totaling $209,500: her total salary being $20,684,000.
- Allen, Justin. "Patricia A. Woertz 1953— Biography". ReferenceForBusiness.com.
- "ADM Names Patricia A. Woertz Ceo And President, G. Allen Andreas Continues As Chairman Of The Board". ADM.com.
- "Patricia Woertz - 50 Most Powerful Women in Business 2011 - FORTUNE on CNNMoney.com". cnn.com. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "Patricia Woertz: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Global 500 2009: Women CEOs". CNN.
- "The 100 Most Powerful Women". Forbes.com.
- 2009 CEO Compensation for Patricia A. Woertz, Equilar.com
- The Business Council, Official website, Executive Committee