|Born||1965 (age 47–48)
Butte, Montana, USA
|Pen name||Patricia Briggs|
|Genres||fantasy, urban fantasy|
|Notable work(s)||The Mercedes Thompson Series|
Personal life 
Writing career 
Briggs began writing in 1990 and published her first novel Masques in 1993. While sales on her first book were poor, her next book, Steal the Dragon, garnered better sales and more favorable editorial reviews.
Briggs then began writing multi-book stories. Dragon Bones and Dragon Blood share both the same world and the same characters, though both are complete stories. Raven's Shadow and Raven's Strike are a duology, with a single story line spanning both novels. One hallmark of Briggs' books is that each is a stand-alone story, and the reader is never left with a cliffhanger ending.
Her editor then asked her to write an urban fantasy, since the genre was showing promising growth. After signing a contract for three books, Briggs wrote Moon Called, which sold far better than her previous novels, making it to the USA Today bestseller lists. The second book in the series, Blood Bound, hit The New York Times Best Seller list. The third book, Iron Kissed, was a number one New York Times bestseller.
A Mercy Thompson graphic novel was released on August 25, 2009: Mercy Thompson: Homecoming. An edited version of her first novel, Masques, has been republished, along with a previously unpublished sequel, Wolfsbane.
Sianim Series 
- Masques (1993)
- Wolfsbane (2010)
- Steal the Dragon (1995)
- When Demons Walk (1998)
Hurog Duology 
- Dragon Bones (2002)
- Dragon Blood (2003)
Raven Duology 
- Raven's Shadow (2004)
- Raven's Strike (2005)
The Mercy Thompson Series 
- Moon Called (2006)
- Mercy must rescue the Alpha of the local werewolf pack and his young daughter, after they are taken by a band of humans and werewolves who are testing new medical drugs on werewolves. While helping Adam she must ask the Marrok, the leader of all North American werewolves, for help and encounters an old flame, Samuel Cornick, who decides to move back to the Tri-Cities with Mercy in an effort to win her back.
- Blood Bound (2007)
- Mercy accompanies her vampire friend Stefan on a task and encounters an evil demon-possessed vampire sorcerer who is on a killing rampage. She learns that only she can stop the sorcerer, and with everyone she cares for missing she must take out the sorcerer before he destroys her friends. Amidst all this chaos she is also caught between her feelings for the Alpha of the local werewolf pack, Adam Hauptman, and her old flame Samuel Cornick, who is currently living with her while he battles internally with his wolf.
- Iron Kissed (2008)
- Mercy is requested by her friend and old boss Zee to investigate some murders on the fae reservation near her home. During the investigation Zee is framed as a murderer and Mercy must work to free him from human prison. During the book she finally chooses between Samuel and Adam.
- Bone Crossed (2009)
- Mercy has been marked an enemy of the local seethe for killing the right hand man of the head mistress, Marsillia. She becomes mated to Adam and in an effort to save her friends and get away from Marsillia, Mercy travels to Spokane to help her friend rid her house of a ghost. Once there Mercy uncovers a much bigger problem than a ghost and is captured by a powerful vampire on a quest to keep Mercy for her skills as a walker.
- Silver Borne (2010)
- In an attempt to return a book she once borrowed from a fae friend, Mercy discovers that something bad has happened to him and she has the reason why in her possession. While she attempts to find her fae friend, Adam's pack is in an upheaval about Mercy being added to the pack without their consent, so they attempt to sabotage her and Adam's relationship.
- River Marked (March 2011)
- Finally hitched, Mercy and Adam vacation on their honeymoon. The honeymoon ends quickly when people start dying in the river. It is up to Mercy and her new friends to stop the monster who is killing. Mercy learns about her heritage and her real father.
- Frost Burned (2013)
When the pack is kidnapped, Mercy is left to rescue the wolves who got away and their families. Finding those responsible is never what it seems. Mercy is learning about her coyote powers and all hell breaks loose once the Marsillia arrives on scene.
Alpha and Omega Series 
Set in the same world as The Mercy Thompson Series
Anna travels to Montana with the seriously wounded Charles while trying to understand the mate connection of their wolves which has not yet bonded the humans, only to find a dangerous situation with a rogue wolf and a witch in the high country with a centuries old connection to the oldest wolf in the pack. She learns the power of the pack bond in desperate conditions and the power of being an Omega.
- Hunting Ground (2009)
Mated to werewolf Charles Cornick, son of the leader of the North American werewolves, Anna Latham now knows how dangerous being a werewolf is, especially when a werewolf who opposes Charles and his father, is struck down. Charles’s reputation makes him a suspect and the penalty for the crime is death. Now Anna and Charles must hunt down the real killer before Charles takes the fall. Features the Beast of Gévaudan of French legend, as well as Tom Franklin and Wendy Moira Keller from the short story "Seeing Eye".
- Fair Game (March 2012)
Mysteriously 3 Werewolves are killed along with many Half-blood fae and humans. Anna and Charles ally with FBI agent Leslie Fisher and Agent Goldstein to find these killers. Charles is haunted with the ghosts of some the people he has executed recently, and it is affecting his relationship with Anna.
Stand-alone novels 
- The Hob's Bargain (2001)
Anthology contributions 
- "The Price" in Silver Birch, Blood Moon (by Terri Windling and Ellen Datlow)
- "Alpha and Omega" in On the Prowl (2007) (Set in the same world as The Mercy Thompson Series)
- "Star of David" in Wolfsbane and Mistletoe (2008) (Set in the same world as The Mercy Thompson Series)
- "Seeing Eye" in Strange Brew (2009) (Set in the same world as The Mercy Thompson Series)
- "Fairy Gifts" in Naked City (2011) (Set in the same world as The Mercy Thompson Series)
- "Gray" in Home Improvement (2011) (Set in the same world as The Mercy Thompson Series)
- "In Red, With Pearls" in Down These Strange Streets (2011) (Set in the same world as The Mercy Thompson Series)
- "Best Sellers". The New York Times Best Seller list. March 20, 2011. Retrieved 21 August 2011.
- Briggs, Patricia. "Books". Hurog. Retrieved 21 May 2012. "This series is set in the same world as the Mercy Thompson Series, but on a slightly earlier time line. It begins with a novella titled Alpha and Omega published in the On the Prowl anthology."
- "Renee's Book Addiction". 10 September 2009.
- Patricia Briggs' Official Site
- Night Owl Reviews - Patricia Briggs Magazine Interview
- Fantastic Fiction - Patricia Briggs Biography
- Crescent Blue Author Interview: "Patricia Briggs"
- Novel synopses, cover art, and reviews at Fantasy Literature.net
- Fan Page, Spanish
- Patricia Briggs at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Fantasy News-Interview: "Patricia Briggs"