August 29, 1933 |
Tabora, Tanganyika Territory
Patricia Conolly (born 29 August 1933) is an Australian stage actress.
Conolly began her stage career in Australia where she grew up, and has performed in England in the West End, the Royal Shakespeare Company, and Chichester Festival Theatre (Laurence Olivier's company); in Canada for the Stratford Shakespeare Festival; and on Broadway, Off-Broadway and in US regional theaters, including Guthrie Theater, Hartford Stage, Old Globe Theatre, Arena Stage, and Seattle Repertory Theatre.
On Broadway her credits include Is He Dead?, "Enchanted April", "Judgment at Nuremberg", "Waiting in the Wings", "Hedda Gabler" (Roundabout Theatre Company) "The Sound of Music", "The Heiress", "A Small Family Business", "The Circle", "Blithe Spirit", and roles at the Lyceum with the APA/Repertory Company, under the direction of Ellis Rabb. At Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts she has appeared in Tom Stoppard's "The Coast of Utopia" directed by Jack O'Brien, and earlier in "A Streetcar Named Desire" with Rosemary Harris, (director Ellis Rabb). Off Broadway her credits include "House and Garden", "Woman in Mind" (Manhattan Theatre Club), "Tartuffe, Born Again", "The Importance of Being Earnest" (Circle in the Square Theatre), "The Real Inspector Hound", and most recently "Gabriel" at the Atlantic Theater Company.
She has performed in major classical roles, (they include Viola, Isabella, Rosalind, Regan, Phaedra, Jocasta, Mrs.Alving, Nora, Blanche Dubois, Amanda Wingfield and others), and has directed and taught at several theater training programs, including the Old Globe Theatre/University of San Diego MFA program, University of North Carolina School of the Arts, Juilliard School, Florida Atlantic University, University of Southern California, and Boston University.
- "Hartford Stage Company plans wide variety for coming season". The Day (Google News Archive). 19 September 1981. p. 16. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- Croskell, Wayne (4 June 1970). "Show Scene". The Age (Google News Archive). Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- The Old Globe Theatre - Press Release
- Is He Dead?
- Enchanted April - Theatre Review by Ben Brantley
-  Theatre Review by Thomas Burke - March 27, 2001
- Hedda Gabler - Internet Broadway Database ,
- Major Productions of A Small Family Business
- Woman in Mind - New York Times review
- The Importance of Being Earnest - Circle in the Square, 1977
- The Real Inspector Hound - Theatre Review by Mel Gussow, ,
- Gabriel - Broadway World