|Town Clerk of Brookhaven, New York|
|Member of the New York State Assembly
from the 3rd district
|Preceded by||Debra Mazzarelli|
|Succeeded by||Dean Murray|
|Born||1947/1948 (age 65–66)
Queens, New York
|Children||two: Kerri, Brian|
|Residence||Medford, New York|
|Alma mater||Suffolk County Community College
SUNY Stony Brook
Patricia A. Eddington (born 1947/1948) served from 2001 through 2009 in the New York State Assembly, representing District 3 which comprises Patchogue, Medford, Coram and Yaphank, among other neighboring communities within Suffolk County, New York. She stepped down from the Assembly after winning an election for Town Clerk of Brookhaven, New York in November 2009.
Education and career
Eddington received an associate's degree in Women's Studies from Suffolk County Community College. She continued her education at SUNY Stony Brook, earning a bachelor's degree in Political Science and a master's degree from its School of Social Welfare. Eddington is licensed by New York State as a Clinical Social Worker.
Eddington was first elected to the state legislature in 2000, where she was Chairwoman of the Libraries and Education Technology Committee within the Assembly, in addition to serving as a member of the Health, Higher Education and Governmental Operations committees.
She currently serves as Town Clerk for Brookhaven, a position she was elected to in 2009. She is also an Associate Professor of Philosophy and Women's Studies at Suffolk County Community College.
- "Brookhaven Town clerk: Patricia A. Eddington, Democratic". Newsday. October 28, 2009. Retrieved March 5, 2011. "Eddington, 61, of Medford, also is running on the Independence and Working Families lines. She represents the 3rd Assembly District in Suffolk County. If elected, she said, she would step down from her Assembly seat."
- "New York (NY) State Assembly Member Patricia A. Eddington". Freedom Speaks. Retrieved March 5, 2011.
- "Patricia Eddington, Town Clerk". Town of Brookhaven, New York. Retrieved March 5, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 7, 2000" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 11, 2000. Retrieved April 14, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 5, 2002" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 13, 2002. Retrieved April 14, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 2, 2004" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 6, 2004. Retrieved April 14, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 7, 2006" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 14, 2006. Retrieved April 14, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 4, 2008" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 4, 2008. Retrieved April 14, 2011.
|New York Assembly|
|New York State Assembly, 3rd District
L. Dean Murray