June 2, 1970 |
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
|Occupation||Film director, film producer and screenwriter|
Patricia Riggen (born June 2, 1970) is a Mexican film director. She best known for directing the 2007 film La Misma Luna (Under the Same Moon) and the 2011 Disney Channel original film Lemonade Mouth.
Life and career
Riggen was born in Guadalajara, Jalisco. While in her home country she gained experience in journalism and writing for documentaries. She later moved to New York City, where she received her Master's degree in directing and screenwriting at Columbia University. While attending Columbia, she directed two short films The Cornfield (2002) and Family Portrait (2004), a documentary. The former film won a number of film festival awards.
In 2007, La Misma Luna, Riggen's first major film was released, starring Kate Del Castillo and America Ferrera. She also went on to direct two other films Revolución (2010) and Girl in Progress (originally titled Ansiedad) starring Eva Mendes and Patricia Arquette, the film was released in 2012.
She currently lives in Los Angeles.
- Perfect Target (1997, feature film, second second assistant director)
- Moctezuma's Revenge (2002, independent film, second assistant director)
- Adiós mamá (1997, short film, executive producer)
- Sin sostén (1998, short film, producer)
- En el espejo del cielo (1998, short film, executive producer)
- Pronto saldremos del problema (1998, short film, executive producer)
- The Cornfield (2002, short film, also producer and writer)
- Family Portrait (2004, documentary short film, also producer and writer)
- Under the Same Moon (2007, independent film)
- Revolución (2010, feature film)
- Lemonade Mouth (2011, TV film)
- Girl in Progress (2012, feature film)
- The 33 (TBA, feature film)