June 2, 1970 |
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
|Occupation||Film director, film producer and screenwriter|
Patricia Riggen (born June 2, 1970) is a Mexican film director. She best known for directing the 2007 film La Misma Luna (Under the Same Moon) and the 2011 Disney Channel original film Lemonade Mouth.
Early life and career beginnings
Riggen was born in Guadalajara, Jalisco. While in her home country she gained experience in journalism and writing for documentaries. She later moved to New York City, where she received her Master's degree in directing and screenwriting at Columbia University. While attending Columbia, she directed two short films The Cornfield (2002) and Family Portrait (2004), a documentary. The former film won a number of film festival awards.
She currently lives in Los Angeles.
- Perfect Target (1997, feature film, second second assistant director)
- Moctezuma's Revenge (2002, independent film, second assistant director)
- Adiós mamá (1997, short film, executive producer)
- Sin sostén (1998, short film, producer)
- En el espejo del cielo (1998, short film, executive producer)
- Pronto saldremos del problema (1998, short film, executive producer)
- The Cornfield (2002, short film, also producer and writer)
- Family Portrait (2004, documentary short film, also producer and writer)
- Under the Same Moon (2007, independent film)
- Revolución (2010, feature film)
- Lemonade Mouth (2011, TV film)
- Girl in Progress (2012, feature film)
- The 33 (2015, feature film)
- Patricia Riggen bio at Fox Searchlight.com
- 25 NEW FACES OF INDEPENDENT FILM 2005 – FilmMaker magazine
- Patricia Riggen: Love and Politics Under the Same Moon
- Disney Rocks "Lemonade Mouth"
- Eva Mendes Joins Ansiedad, MovieWeb.com dated January 14, 2011
- Mango, Agustin (8 February 2014). "Miner Drama 'The 33' Begins Filming in Chile". hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- Campbell, Christopher. "THE 33 TRAILER: REVISIT THE STORY OF THE CHILEAN MINING ACCIDENT". Retrieved 10 April 2015.