Patricia van der Kammen
|Patricia van der Kammen|
|Member of the European Parliament for the Netherlands|
27 September 2012
|Member of the Provincial-Council of North Brabant|
10 March 2011
8 April 1972 |
|Political party||Party for Freedom|
|Alma mater||Tilburg University|
Early life and career
Van der Kammen was born on 8 April 1972 in Heerlen. She studied psychology at the Tilburg University and graduated in 1999.  Van der Kammen then started working as a policy employee at the same institution.
Since 10 March 2011 Van der Kammen is a member of the States-Provincial of North Brabant. In September 2011 she introduced a motion in which she called to stop or reduce the support of pay provided to ex-States-Provincial members in North Brabant. Van der Kammen was likely to be elected to the European Parliament when the Netherlands, and with it the Party for Freedom, gained another seat to the Parliament in December 2011. However, the seat the Party for Freedom gained went to Daniël van der Stoep, who previously had been a member but had resigned in September 2011. Van der Stoep was allowed to return because he was the highest listed candidate on the original Party for Freedom candidate list who wished to enter the European Parliament, the Party for Freedom however did not allow him to return to their party. The return of Van der Stoep to Parliament had been unexpected and Van der Kammen had already been announced as member on the Parliament website. However, Van der Kammen succeeded Barry Madlener in the European Parliament in September 2012 while remaining a member of the States-Provincial of North Brabant. Madlener, who was number eight on the candidate list of the Party for Freedom for the Dutch general election, 2012, was chosen to the House of Representatives. Van der Kammen herself had been number 32 and was not chosen. She is on political leave from her job at Tilburg University, and will be allowed to return when she wants.
Van der Kammen currently is a member of the Committee on Transport and Tourism and the Delegation for relations with the Korean Peninsula.
- "Drs. P. (Patricia) van der Kammen" (in Dutch). Parlement.com. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- Wouter Boonstra (12 September 2012). "PVV Brabant wil wachtgeld Statenleden afschaffen". Binnenlandsbestuur.nl. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- "Patricia van der Kammen volgt Madlener op" (in Dutch). NU.nl. 10 September 2012. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- Shari Deira (7 December 2011). "PVV'er Van der Stoep terug in Europees Parlement" (in Dutch). Elsevier. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- Malini Witlox (25 September 2012). "Van der Kammen: ‘PVV is geen nee-stemmer uit principe’" (in Dutch). Universonline.nl. Retrieved 3 November 2013.