|Full name||Patrick James Bamford|
|Date of birth||5 September 1993|
|Place of birth||Grantham, Lincolnshire, England|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Current club||Milton Keynes Dons
(on loan from Chelsea)
|2012–||→ Milton Keynes Dons (loan)||34||(15)|
|2010||Republic of Ireland U18||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 December 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Bamford was born in Grantham, and joined Nottingham Forest's Academy as an eight-year-old after playing junior football for Muskham Cougars He attended Nottingham High School where he did French, History, Biology and General Studies and got a good set of A-Level results. He was an unused substitute during Forest's League Cup Third Round tie against Newcastle United at the City Ground. He made his Forest debut against Cardiff City at the City Ground on 31 December 2011, coming on as a substitute for Matt Derbyshire. He appeared in Forest's next game, coming on again as a late sub this time for Andy Reid as Forest beat Ipswich 3–1 at Portman Road. On 19 January 2012, Bamford furthered his claim to a place in the Forest side by scoring five and setting up three goals in a 9–1 victory over Wigan Athletic youth in the FA Youth Cup, and the following week scored four goals in a 5–1 win over Southampton.
On 31 January 2012, Bamford joined Chelsea on a five-year contract for a fee of £1.5 million. On 8 February 2012, he started to train with Chelsea's first team squad. He made his debut for Chelsea Reserves in a friendly against Gillingham at Cobham with Chelsea emerging victorious 5–4. Bamford netted his first goal in Chelsea colours, rounding off a tidy team move and also scored his second, the winner from the penalty spot.
Loan to MK Dons
On 22 November 2012, he signed on loan at MK Dons until 7 January. Making his debut on 25 November 2012 against Colchester United F.C., and ended the match with 3 assists. Karl Robinson said that he hoped Bamford would stay until the end of season.
On 31 January 2013, Bamford's loan was extended until 20 May, having impressed enough before sustaining a hamstring injury. On 19 March 2013, Bamford netted the first goal of his professional career at Crewe Alexandra's Alexandra Stadium.
On 28 February 2012, Bamford made his first appearance for the England U19s in a friendly match against Czech Republic. He was brought on at half time, only 20 minutes into the second half Chelsea team-mate Todd Kane put a cross into the box which Bamford firmly headed into the goal; scoring his first England U19 goal. On 17 November 2013 he has been called up to England U21 team for the first time for a game against San Marino U21, after a fantastic start to the season having scored 12 goals in 20 appearances. 2 days later Bamford made his U21s debut, coming on as a 65th minute substitute in a 9-0 win over San Marino.
- As of 23 November 2013.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other[A]||Total|
|Milton Keynes Dons (loan)||2012–13||League One||14||4||0||0||0||0||0||0||14||4|
|Milton Keynes Dons (loan)||2013–14||League One||18||11||1||0||2||1||2||1||23||13|
- "Chelsea Profile". chelseafc.com. Chelsea F.C.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 452. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "Patrick Bamford Profile". MKDons.com.
- Kennedy, Liam (1 February 2012). "Teenager seals big move to Chelsea". Newark Advertiser (Advertiser Group Newspapers). Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- Sinclair, Dan; Phillips, Owen (2 February 2012). "Patrick Bamford's Chelsea move a sign of times". BBC Sport. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Nott'm Forest 3–4 Newcastle (aet)". BBC Sport. 21 September 2011. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Nott'm Forest 0–1 Cardiff". BBC Sport. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Ipswich 1–3 Nott'm Forest". BBC Sport. 2 January 2012. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Chelsea set to land Nottingham Forest's Bamford". BBC Sport. 31 January 2012. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- "Teenager Bamford Joins (Chelsea)". chelseafc.com (Chelsea F.C.). 31 January 2012. Retrieved 31 January 2012.[dead link]
- "Bamford scores two". chelseafc.com (Chelsea F.C.). 14 February 2012. Retrieved 14 February 2012.[dead link]
- "Bamford joins on loan". mkdons.com (Milton Keynes Dons F.C.). 22 November 2012. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "BAMFORD'S SECOND LOAN SPELL AT MK DONS". chelseafc.com (Chelsea F.C.). 31 January 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Crewe alexandra 2–1 mk dons pogba ends dons play-off dreams". MiltonKeynes.co.uk. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "Bamford called up". thefa.com. Retrieved 17 November 2013.
- "Young Lions on cloud nine". thefa.com. Retrieved 19t November 2013.
- "Patrick Bamford Stats". Soccerbase.
- Chelsea profile
- Premier League profile
- ESPN Profile
- Patrick Bamford career stats at Soccerbase
- Transfermarkt profile
- Sky Sports profile
- BBC Sport profile