|Born||1962 (age 51–52)
Namasagali College, Namasagali, Uganda
Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, United Kingdom
Uganda Investment Authority
Global Trust Bank
New Vision Group
National Insurance Corporation
|Years active||1990s — present|
|Known for||Investments, Wealth|
Bitature started his business empire with a single company, Simba Telecom, then a retail chain dealership, in MTN air-time. From there he expanded into broadcasting, with the acquisition of Dembe FM radio station, followed by Simba Electronics, an upscale electronics chain of stores. He also has interests in insurance, banking, hotels and resorts. Today, his businesses have subsidiaries in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Nigeria.
He attended Nyakasura School and Namasagali College, in Kamuli District, under the headmastership of Father Damien Grimes. Bitature is an Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA), in the United Kingdom.
Patrick Bitature owns the following businesses either wholly or in part:
- Simba Telecom Kenya - Kenya
- Simba Telecom Uganda - Uganda
- Simba Telecom Tanzania - Tanzania
- Simba Telecom Nigeria - Nigeria
- Simba Electronics Limited - Uganda
- Electromaxx Limited - Uganda - The owner-operators of Tororo Power Station, a 50MW Diesel thermal power-plant that uses imported heavy fuel oil to generate electricity.
- New Vision Group - Uganda
- Kampala Protea Hotel, Kololo, Kampala - Uganda
- Simba Tours and Travels - Uganda
- Simba Distributors Limited - Uganda
- Simba Properties Limited - Uganda
- Simba Forex Bureau Limited - Uganda
- Blitz Video & Ice Cream Limited - Uganda
- Simba Dairy Farm - Ibanda District, Western Uganda
- Simba Mining Company
In addition to his private business interests, Patrick Bitature serves in the following public fiduciary positions:
- He currently serves as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Umeme, the electricity distribution company in Uganda.
- He is a Member of the Board of the New Vision Group
- He is a Member of the Board of Directors of Radio West FM 100.2, a subsidiary of the New Vision Group.
- He is the Chairman of the Board of Uganda Investment Authority
- Ladu, Ismail Musa (18 November 2010). "Rising Above The Hurdles On The Growth Path". Daily Monitor. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- Michael Kanaabi, and Ssebidde Kiryowa (2012). "Uganda: The Deepest Pockets". New Vision Mobile. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- Newvision, Archive (25 February 2005). "Patrick Bitature's Empire Grows". New Vision. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- Musamali, Geresom (29 August 2006). "Old Students Host Father Grimes". New Vision. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- Busharizi, Paul (14 November 2006). "New Vision Makes Sh3.6 Billion Profits". New Vision. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- Odyek, John (23 January 2014). "US Hotel Giant Marriott Takes Over Protea Hotel Group". New Vision. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- Ladu, Ismail Musa (21 January 2014). "Bitature ‘Milks’ Cash From High-Breed Animals". Daily Monitor. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- Turyakira, Fred (23 October 2013). "Gold Mining Starts In Ibanda District". New Vision. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "UMEME Board of Directors". Umeme. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- Interview With Patrick Bitature Entrepreneur & Corporate Executive
- Uganda Investment Authority Homepage
- Simba Telecom Homepage
- Electromaxx Uganda Limited Homepage