Cregg playing for St. Mirren
|Full name||Patrick Anthony Cregg|
|Date of birth||21 February 1986|
|Place of birth||Dublin, Ireland|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Centre midfield|
|Current club||St. Johnstone|
|Republic of Ireland U19|
|Republic of Ireland U21|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 October 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Patrick Anthony Cregg (born 21 February 1986 in Dublin) is an Irish footballer, currently playing for St. Johnstone in the Scottish Premiership. Cregg has previous played for Arsenal, Falkirk, Hibernian, Greenock Morton, St. Mirren and Bury. He also represented the Republic of Ireland at youth international levels.
Cregg started his senior career at Arsenal; his first senior appearance was in a 3-1 victory against Everton in the League Cup on 9 November 2004, as an 89th minute substitute for Arturo Lupoli. In all he made three appearances, all of them being in the League Cup.
Cregg joined Scottish Premier League club Falkirk in January 2006 and made over 100 Scottish Premier League appearances for the club. He was released in the summer of 2009, having made his last appearance for the club in the 2009 Scottish Cup Final.
Cregg then played in a reserve team friendly match for Shamrock Rovers against Manchester United. Cregg then played as a trialist for Greenock Morton in a Scottish First Division match against Ross County on 25 September 2010. The Greenock Telegraph reported on 1 October 2010 that Cregg had turned down a contract offer from Morton to sign for their Renfrewshire derby rivals St. Mirren. Cregg signed for the Paisley club, agreeing a contract until January 2011.
While he was at Arsenal, Cregg became a regular in the Republic of Ireland U19 team. He later represented the Republic of Ireland national under-21 football team.
- "results/fixtures". Soccerbase. Retrieved 4 October 2010.
- "Hughes makes Cregg his first signing". STV. 29 June 2009.
- "Acht Mann verlassen Falkirk". www.transfermarkt.de. (German)
- "Cregg follows Hughes to Hibernian". BBC Sport. BBC. 29 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- "Benjelloun among three Hibs players shown the door". BBC Sport (BBC). 14 May 2010. Retrieved 14 May 2010.
- "Rovers XI 0-3 Man Utd reserves". Shamrock Rovers. 15 August 2010. Retrieved 16 September 2010.
- "Morton 0–0 Ross County". BBC Sport (BBC). 25 September 2010. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- Tait, Chris (1 October 2010). "Cregg to snub Ton for Saints". Greenock Telegraph. Retrieved 1 October 2010.
- "Patrick Cregg rejects Morton for St Mirren". BBC Sport (BBC). 1 October 2010. Retrieved 1 October 2010.
- "Cregg earns Shakers deal". Eurosport (Yahoo!). 11 August 2011. Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- "Grella survives squad shake up". Sky Sports. 8 May 2012. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- "St Johnstone boss confident Patrick Cregg can be a real asset this season". STV. 13 July 2012. Retrieved 13 July 2012.