July 22, 1965
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, television producer, television writer|
|Spouse(s)||Tina Albanese (1998–present; 1 child)|
Patrick Labyorteaux (born July 22, 1965) is an American actor, television producer and television writer. He is best known for his roles of Andrew Garvey (as Patrick Laborteaux) on the NBC series Little House on the Prairie as well as Bud Roberts on the CBS series JAG.
Life and career
Labyorteaux is the adopted son of Ronald Labyorteaux (1930–1992), an interior designer and talent agent, and actress Frances Marshall (1927–2012). He is brother of actor Matthew Laborteaux and actress Jane Laborteaux. Patrick was adopted at a young age after being labeled "unadoptable." Early in his career he would be billed under the name Patrick Laborteaux, dropping the "y".
He has starred on TV and in film; his well known TV roles are on the hit NBC series Little House on the Prairie as Andrew 'Andy' Garvey from 1977–1981, and on the CBS hit series JAG as Lt. Cmdr. Bud Roberts from 1995–2005, a role he would reprise for an episode of JAG's spinoff, NCIS. Near the end of the series Labyorteaux's character lost his leg, leading to speculation that the actor had in fact lost his leg, but the show's spokesperson, Diane Ekeblad, stated, “I’m happy to report Patrick Labyorteaux has not suffered any injury regarding his leg. He’s just a very good actor.” However, Labyorteaux did once have to have an accident befall the character of Bud to reflect something that had happened to him; the incident of Bud's broken jaw was written in after an accident that broke the actor's jaw.
Labyorteaux has starred in films as well: one of his well-known roles is in the 1987 comedy film Summer School as football player Kevin Winchester. He also appeared in the 1989 cult film Heathers as mean jock Ram Sweeney.
Some of the other TV shows on which he has made guest appearances include Starsky and Hutch, 21 Jump Street, Living Single, Yes, Dear, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, The Love Boat, Ghost Whisperer and iCarly.
Labyorteaux is married to television producer Tina Albanese, they have a son together. He along with Albanese are the creators and executive producers of the Nick at Nite sitcom See Dad Run, starring Scott Baio.
- Mame (1974)
- Prince of Bel Air (1986, Made for TV film)
- Summer School (1987)
- Heathers (1989)
- Ski School (1991)
- 3 Ninjas (1992)
- Ghoulies III: Ghoulies Go to College(1993)
- National Lampoon's Last Resort (1994)
- Hollywood Palms (2001)
- Redemption of the Ghost (2003)
- Yes Man (2008)
- Wildfire (2008)
- The Storm (2009)
- In My Sleep (2009)
- 2012: Ice Age (2011)
- People Magazine, "Landon's Kids," September 11, 1978.
- Ask American Profile Original link failed, Archive.org link accessed 4/13/13. Speculation was fueled by multiple earlier episodes (such as "Boomerang pt II") where references were made to Bud's "trick knee" that prevented him from running after a suspected bad guy. Later in "Jag-a-thon" Bud tries to get out of running in a race, but he is shown running in shorts.
- "Nick at Nite Premieres Scott Baio Comedy, 'See Dad Run,' on Saturday, October 6". The Futon Critic. August 3, 2012. Retrieved August 9, 2012.