|Born||1964 (age 49–50)|
|Occupation||Film editor, writer,
Lussier has worked as a film editor on most of Wes Craven's latter films, including Wes Craven's New Nightmare, Vampire in Brooklyn, Scream and Red Eye and has directed films including Dracula 2000, The Prophecy 3: The Ascent and White Noise 2: The Light. He then edited and acted as a visual consultant on the Lionsgate Films remake The Eye starring Jessica Alba. Lussier has also been credited as a visual consultant on Whisper and Darkness Falls amongst other films.
In 1994 Lussier was nominated at the Annual Gemini Awards for Best Picture Editing in a Dramatic Program or Series for Adrift and in 1995 he was nominated for Best Picture Editing in a Dramatic Program or Series for Heads.
In 1996 he edited the Doctor Who TV film and was praised by that film's producer for the extreme speed at which he was able to edit.
Lussier has been announced as director of the film Condition Dead and the adaptation of Michael Slade's Headhunter, produced by Brightlight Pictures and adapted by Wil Zmak. He directed the 2009 3D remake of My Bloody Valentine for Lionsgate Films, written by Zane Smith and Todd Farmer. On September 19, 2009, Lussier signed on to write and direct Halloween III, the third reboot of the Halloween franchise, originally scheduled for 2011 but later delayed. In 2010, Lussier directed Drive Angry, released on February 25, 2011. He co-wrote the screenplay with his previous collaborator Todd Farmer, of My Bloody Valentine 3D and the film starred Nicolas Cage, Amber Heard, William Fichtner, Billy Burke, and David Morse. Halloween 3-D was stopped and Lussier focused on Drive Angry. Lussier is in talks to direct the vampire thriller In Darkness. In January 2011 he was selected as one of the top ten filmmakers to watch. As of 2013, Lussier and his writing partner, Laeta Kalogridis, have signed on to write the latest film in the Terminator series for Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions titled Terminator Genisys.
Lussier is divorced. His son Devin Lussier has followed in his father's footsteps, having been the first assistant editor on Quarantine, visual effects editor on My Bloody Valentine 3D, assistant editor on The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Lincoln, and co-edited Drive Angry.
|2011||Drive Angry||3D film|
|2009||My Bloody Valentine 3D||3D film|
|2007||White Noise: The Light|
|2005||Dracula III: Legacy||Video|
|2003||Dracula II: Ascension||Video|
|The Prophecy 3: The Ascent||Video|
|2011||Drive Angry 3D||written by|
|2005||Dracula III: Legacy||Video||written by|
|2003||Dracula II: Ascension||Video||written by|
- "MY BLOODY VALENTINE: The Naked Truth". Fangoria.
- "Halloween 3D Might Have an FX Artist, Despite Temporary Hold". DreadCentral.
- "Patrick Lussier in Talks for 'Halloween 3D'". Bloody-Disgusting.
- "Promo Art for Lussier's 'Drive Angry'". Bloody-Disgusting.
- "Summit Sets Bloody High Speed Chase 'Drive Angry' for 2011". Bloody-Disgusting.
- "Patrick Lussier Talks Remaking 'My Bloody Valentine' in 3-D!". Bloody-Disgusting.
- "Summit Entertainment Set to Drive Angry". DreadCentral.
- "Simona Williams Hunts Nicolas Cage in Drive Angry". DreadCentral.
- "Patrick Lussier Hints at What Might Have Been for Halloween 3D". DreadCentral.
- "Patrick Lurriser to Head Back to Vampire Country with In Darkness?". DreadCentral.
- "Variety taps Canadians among directors to watch". CBC News. January 3, 2011.[dead link]
- "Laeta Kalogridis And Patrick Lussier Set To Script New 'Terminator' - Deadline.com". Deadline.com.