Patrick McGrath (psychologist)
Patrick J. McGrath, OC, FRSC is a Canadian psychologist. He is professor of psychology at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia and at the IWK Health Centre where he co-directs the Centre for Pediatric Pain Research and is director of the Centre for Family Health Research. He has published extensively in the area of pediatric pain. He also has extensive research on delivery of psychological care at a distance.
He was on the Governing Council of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research for 7 years (2004-2011) and is Integrated Vice President Research and Innovation at the IWK Health Centre and Capital District Health Authority.
Awards and Honours: 1972-73 R.S. McLaughlin Fellowship, Queen's University 1973-74 Canada Council, Doctoral Fellowship 1982-89 Career Scientist Award, Ontario Ministry of Health 1988 Fellow, Canadian Psychological Association 1988 Book of the Year Award, awarded by the American Journal of Nursing for Pain in Children and Adolescents. 1993-1998 Bristol-Myers Squibb Unrestricted Research Award and Grant Holder 1995 Canadian Psychological Association Award for Distinguished Contribution to Canadian Psychology as a Profession 1995 Fellow, Royal Society of Canada, Humanities and Social Sciences. 1995 Co-author of paper winning the Best Paper of the International Meeting on Pediatric Pain, Atlanta 1997 Co-author of paper winning the Best Paper of the meeting at the American Association for the Study of Headache, New York 1998-2003 Distinguished Scientist Award, Medical Research Council of Canada (now Canadian Institutes of Health Research 1999 Research Award, IWK Grace Health Centre 1999 Fellow, Canadian Psychological Association, Clinical Division 1999 Interview included in the John C. Liebskind History of Pain Collection UCLA 2000 Zubeck Lecturer, University of Manitoba 2001 Wilbert E. Fordyce Clinical Investigator Award, American Pain Society 2001 Canadian Pain Society, Distinguished Career Award 2001-2005 Killam Professor, Dalhousie University 2001 Supervisor of and co-author with CIHR, Brain Star, Lynn Breau 2002 Cecil and Ida Green Visiting Professor University of British Columbia 2002-2009 Canada Research Chair: Pediatric Pain 2003 Order of Canada (Officer) 2004 Martin P. Levin Mentorship Award of the Society of Pediatric Psychology, American Psychological Association 2004 Inaugural Patrick Wall Lecturer, New Zealand Pain Society, 2004 Distinguished Service Award, Faculty of Graduate Studies, Dalhousie University 2005 Fellow, Canadian Academy of Health Sciences 2006 Donald O. Hebb Award for Contributions to Psychology as a Scientist, Canadian Psychological Association. 2007 A top producer of Scholarly Publications see: Stewart, PK, Wu, YP & Roberts, MC, Top Producers of Scholarly Publications in Clinical Psychology PhD Programs. J Clin Psychol 63: 1209–1215, 2007. 2009 Jeffrey Lawson Award for Advocacy in Children's Pain Relief. American Pain Society 2009 Invited Master Researcher/Clinician, American Psychological Association Convention, August 2009-2016 Canada Research Chair in Child Health (renewal) 2010 Mayday Outstanding Contributor’s Award, International Association for the Study of Pain, Special Interest Group on Pain in Children. 2010 Logan Wright Distinguished Research Award, Division 54 (Society of Pediatric Psychology) American Psychological Association
- McGrath, P.J. & Firestone, P. (Eds.). (1983). Pediatric and adolescent behavioral medicine: Issues in treatment. New York: Springer.
- Firestone, P., McGrath, P. & Feldman, W. (Eds.). (1983). Advances in behavioral medicine for children and adolescents. Hillsdale, New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Feldman, W., Rosser, W. & McGrath, P. (1987). Primary medical care of children and adolescents. Oxford University Press.
- McGrath, P. & Unruh, A. (1987). Pain in children and adolescents. Amsterdam: Elsevier. Published in hardcover and softcover editions.
- Anand, K.J.S. & McGrath, P.J. (Eds.). (1993). Pain in Neonates. Amsterdam: Elsevier. Also available in paperback.
- Finley, G.A. & McGrath, P.J. (Eds.) (1998). Measurement of pain in infants and children. Seattle: IASP Press.
- WHO working group (P.J. McGrath and 21 others). (1998). Cancer Pain Relief and Palliative Care in Children. Geneva, WHO.
- McGrath, P.J. & Finley, G.A. (Eds.) (1999) Chronic and recurrent pain in children and adolescents. Seattle: IASP Press
- Anand, K.J.S., Stevens, B. & McGrath, P.J. (Eds.) (2000). Pain in Neonates, 2nd edition, Amsterdam, Elsevier
- Finley , G.A. & McGrath, P.J. (Eds.) (2001) Acute and procedure pain in infants and children. Seattle, IASP Press.
- McGrath, P.J. & Finley, G.A. (eds.) (2003) Pediatric Pain: Biological and Social Context. Seattle, IASP Press
- Finley GA, McGrath PJ, Chambers CT (eds.).(2006). Bringing Pain Relief to Children. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press.
- Anand, KJS, Stevens B, and McGrath PJ (eds.) (2007) Pain in Neonates and Infants (3rd ed). Elsevier, New York
- McGrath, PJ, Stevens,BJ, Walker, SM and William T. Zempsky, WT, (eds) Oxford Textbook of Paediatric Pain, Oxford
|This biography of a Canadian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a psychologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|