|Full name||Patrick Nyarko|
|Date of birth||January 15, 1986|
|Place of birth||Kumasi, Ghana|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|2005–2007||Virginia Tech Hokies|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of September 20, 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
After coming to the United States in 2005, Nyarko was a star forward and three-time All-ACC selection for the Virginia Tech Hokies soccer team, which played in the 2007 Division I Men's College Cup, falling to Wake Forest in the final four.
Nyarko, who finished his Virginia Tech career with 31 goals, was called by coach Oliver Weiss, "the most incredible player I've ever coached" and he is considered to be the best soccer player in Virginia Tech history. Nyarko first met Weiss when the coach was on a recruiting trip to Ghana.
In Nyarko's freshman year, he scored the lone goal of his team's marquee win over then-#4 North Carolina. Tech rose as high as #10 in the polls and earned its second trip in school history to the NCAA tournament. Nyarko was named the Atlantic Coast Conference freshman of the year and was named to the all-ACC team.
Following the 2007 season, in which the Hokies finished #8 in the final AP poll and played in the final four of the 2007 Division I Men's College Cup, Nyarko was named as a finalist for the Hermann Trophy.
He is known for his high work rate, exceptional pace, and crossing abilities. Nyarko primarily plays on the right hand side for the Fire.
- Berman, Mark (January 15, 2008). "Nyarko taking kicks to MLS". Roanoke Times. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- Kilgore, Adam (December 14, 2007). "Hokies' First College Cup a Foreign Concept". Washington Post. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- "Tech Topples No. 4 Tar Heels". hokiesports.com. October 8, 2005. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- "Nyarko named MAC Hermann Trophy Finalist". hokiesports.com. December 15, 2007. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- "Nyarko, like others, needs time to develop". dailyherald.com. July 8, 2008. Retrieved August 7, 2008.
- Fire get goal scorer in Nyarko
- "Nyarko Late Addition to Ghana Roster for Wednesday friendly vs. Chile". chicago-fire.com (Chicago Fire Soccer Club). February 28, 2012. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Patrick Nyarko.|