Patrick Whitesell is a prominent American talent agent and co-CEO of WME, a leading entertainment and media agency. He joined the Endeavor Talent Agency as a partner in February 2001, where he was a member of the company’s Executive Committee and had a strong hand in the strategic growth of the company. In this capacity, he was instrumental in shaping Endeavor’s June 2009 merger with the William Morris Agency.
Whitesell is the son of Patricia and John Patrick "Jack" Whitesell. His brothers are Sean, Christopher, and director John Whitesell. He is originally from Iowa Falls, Iowa. A graduate of Luther College in Iowa, he resides in Beverly Hills, CA with his wife Lauren Sánchez, their son Evan and daughter Ella.
Whitesell's clients include Ben Affleck, Jessica Alba, Christian Bale, Matt Damon, Jennifer Garner, Jake Gyllenhaal, Hugh Jackman, John Krasinski, Jude Law, Sienna Miller, Ellen Page, Joaquin Phoenix, Denzel Washington and Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam, among others.
Until his arrival at Endeavor, Whitesell served as head of the talent department of Creative Artists Agency (CAA) four of the five years he was with the agency. Prior to joining CAA, he was an agent at United Talent Agency (UTA) for two years. This followed an almost two-year stint at InterTalent, where Whitesell was promoted to agent after an initial start in the agency’s mailroom.
- Littleton, Cynthia (2009-04-27). "WMA, Endeavor approve merger". Variety.
- Lauren Sanchez and Patrick Whitesell Welcome a Girl - Babies : People.com
- Solomon, Deborah (December 10, 2010). "The Career Builder: QUESTIONS FOR PATRICK WHITESELL". Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- Garrahan, Matthew (December 6, 2011). "Rewriting the Hollywood script". Financial Times. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- P.N. (November 19, 2010). "Businessperson of the Year". Fortune. Retrieved 30 April 2012.