||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
Darbo at the 16th Annual MovieGuide Faith and Values Awards Gala, February 2008
April 6, 1948 |
|Spouse(s)||Rolf Darbo (1973-present)|
Born Patricia Davidson in Jacksonville, Florida, Darbo grew up in Atlanta, Georgia. She studied theater at Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, Georgia, graduating in 1970, and undertook further study at the Atlanta School of Drama. Darbo worked as a credit manager until 1984, when she began a professional acting career.
By 1991, Darbo had featured in numerous stage, film and television credits and was contracted to the ABC network. In 1991, the Los Angeles Times reported that Darbo was undertaking a personal campaign to seek nomination for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Daddy's Dyin': Who's Got the Will?, written by Del Shores.
Darbo appeared as Penny Baker on Step by Step (1991–1992). In 1994, she starred as Roseanne Barr in an NBC television movie, Roseanne and Tom: Behind the Scenes. She also starred as Miss Spencer in the 1998 made-for-tv-film Ruby Bridges. From 1998 to 2005, Darbo played Nancy Wesley on the NBC soap opera Days of our Lives, a role that earned her an Emmy nomination for outstanding supporting actress in 2000.
Darbo was a guest star in two Seinfeld episodes; The Revenge in 1991 and The Sniffing Accountant in 1993. Later, in 2010, she also guest starred in Showtime's Dexter as a landlady.
In November 2012, it was announced that Darbo would reprise her role as Nancy Wesley on Days of our Lives.
Darbo has been married to director Rolf Peter Darbo since 1973.
Awards and nominations
||Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Female Newcomer||
||Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series||Nominated||
- "Patrika Darbo Film Reference biography".
- SOAP Central Bio - Patrika Darbo
- Broeske, Pat H.; Wilson, John M. (January 15, 1991). "Her Oscar campaign is personal". St. Petersburg Times (St. Petersburg, Florida). p. 30. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- Richmond, Ray (October 31, 1994). "'Behind the Scenes' reveals Roseanne at her very worst". Ocala Star-Banner (Ocala, Florida). p. 30. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- "‘Dexter’ Season 5, Episode 2 review: Getting back to normal". Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- "Mickey Matson: Cast". Mickey Matson and the Copperhead Conspiracy. MickeyMatson.com. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- "Patrika Darbo Returns to Days of Our Lives". about.com. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- Associated Press (February 28, 1999). "'General Hospital' named favorite soap at awards". The Argus-Press. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- Havens, Candace (May 12, 2000). "Lead actress Emmy race too close to call". The Union Democrat (Western Communications). p. 55. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
|This article about an American television actor or actress born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|