13 July 1933
Ashford, Kent, England, UK
|Died||17 June 2014 (aged 80)
Denville Hall, Northwood, London, England, UK
|Spouse(s)||Patrick John Seccombe (1967-2000; his death)|
Byrne was educated at Ashford School for Girls. She studied drama at Rose Bruford College before joining the Royal Shakespeare Company playing parts such as Maria in Twelfth Night and Gruscha in The Caucasian Chalk Circle at the Aldwych Theatre in the early 1960s. In the 1980s she also worked at Chichester Festival Theatre.
She played ORD "Betty the Tea Lady" on the BBC children's programme Playdays. Other roles included appearances in Stealing Heaven (1988), Inspector Morse (1989), Les Misérables (1998), David Copperfield (1999) and Kevin & Perry Go Large (2000), as well as numerous radio plays.
- Slide, Anthony (1996) Some Joe You Don't Know: American Biographical Guide to 100 British Television Personalities, Greenwood Press; ISBN 978-0-313-29550-8, p. 11
- "Blackadder 'Nursie' actress Patsy Byrne dies aged 80". bbc.co.uk. BBC. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- Patsy Byrne at the Internet Movie Database
- "BYRNE - Deaths Announcements". Telegraph.co.uk. The Telegraph. 21 June 2014. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- Obituary, independent.co.uk; accessed 25 June 2014.