Patterson Township, Darke County, Ohio
|Patterson Township, Darke County, Ohio|
|• Total||27.0 sq mi (69.9 km2)|
|• Land||27.0 sq mi (69.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||978 ft (298 m)|
|• Density||48.5/sq mi (18.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086021|
Patterson Township is one of the twenty townships of Darke County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,308 people in the township, 943 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Marion Township, Mercer County - north
- McLean Township, Shelby County - northeast
- Cynthian Township, Shelby County - east
- Loramie Township, Shelby County - southeast corner
- Wayne Township - south
- York Township - southwest
- Wabash Township - west
Name and history
It is the only Patterson Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. The current trustees are Ken Bohman, Samual Pohlman, and Steven Puthoff, and the clerk is Paul Albers.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Darke County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Township Trustees. Darke County. Accessed 2007-06-01.