|Television||Coronation Street (2008-2009, 2010-)|
Life and career
Clare was born in the city of Manchester. Her stage acting credits include playing Edith in a production of Noël Coward's Blithe Spirit at the Citizen's Theatre in Glasgow in 2000 and the role of Mrs. Micawber in a 2005 production of the stage play David Copperfield at the West Yorkshire Playhouse. Having built up extensive experience in theatre, Clare subsequently expressed interest in transitioning to television.
Clare was told that to achieve her goal in working in television it would be in her short term interest to turn down theatre work. In September 2008, whilst working as an office receptionist, she was offered the part of Mary Taylor in the ITV soap opera Coronation Street. She made her first appearance on 26 November 2008. The character was initially only meant to appear in five episodes. After an initial stint which ended in 2009 Clare was offered a new contract and returned to the serial in January 2010. Television roles prior to and between her appearances as Mary included small roles in the children's fantasy series Young Dracula, a 2008 episode of the science-fiction series Torchwood, an episode of the historical medical drama Casualty 1909 and an episode of the BBC daytime soap opera Doctors. Concurrent to her regular role on Coronation Street Clare also appeared in the 2010 direct to DVD spin off Coronation Street: A Knight's Tale.
Clare has been recognised for her comic scenes and storylines on Coronation Street. She was nominated for 'Funniest Performance' at the 2011 Inside Soap Awards and won 'Best Comedy Performance' at the 2013 British Soap Awards.
|2007||Young Dracula||Nurse||TV episode: "Insomnia"|
|2008||Torchwood||Ruth||TV episode: "Meat"|
|2008–09, 2010 – present||Coronation Street||Mary Taylor||2011 British Soap Award for Best Comedy Performance|
|2009||Casualty 1909||Mrs Palmer||Episode #1.4|
|2010||Doctors||Geraldine Buck||TV episode: "Eyes Open"|
|Coronation Street: A Knight's Tale||Mary Taylor||Released straight to DVD|
- "Patti Clare — Spotlight Actresses 2011/2012". Spotlight. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- "Coronation Street star Patti Clarke says she was so desperate to be on soap she wrote to producers". The Daily Mirror. 26 August 2010. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- "Mary Taylor". ITV.com. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- Green, Kris (9 September 2009). "Patti Clare to make Corrie comeback". Digital Spy. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- "Helen Flanagan the turbanator: Corrie star matched exotic headwear with leather trousers at DVD launch". Daily Mail. 8 October 2010. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- Love, Ryan (11 July 2011). "In Full: Inside Soap Awards 2011 Nominees". Digital Spy. Retrieved 19 May 2012.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (15 May 2011). "British Soap Awards 2011: The Winners". Digital Spy. Retrieved 19 May 2012.