|This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (April 2015)|
|Elevation||341 m (1,119 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Patur is located at  It has an average elevation of 341 m (1,119 ft)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Patur had a population of 20,531. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Patur has an average literacy rate of 72%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 77%, and female literacy is 66%. In Patur, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age. Patur is a Muslim Majority town with population percentage of 50% ratio amongst all communities according to 2011 census.
The talukas are hilly areas. Adivasi and Banjara tribes are found. The development of backward area is not satisfactory. Unemployed people are migrating towards Mumbai or Pune in search of employment.
Patur Municipal council was established in 1957.
Major educational institutions include:
- Tulsabai Kawal Vidyalaya & Jr. College of Arts/Science, MCVC (Including Technical School & Mother India Convent). Established in 1914, completing 100 years in 2014.
- Dr. H. N. Sinha Jr. & Senior College (including B.A./B.Sc.)
- Vasantrao Naik High School & Jr. College
- Savitribai Phule High School & Jr. College
- Gramin Ayurved Mahavidalaya (BAMS College)
- Govt. Industrial Training Institute
- Several government and private Marathi, Urdu and English primary schools
Historical mosques and dargah
- The Dargah (tomb) of Shah Abdul Aziz is situated on west side of Patur. This dargah has historical importance in Maharashtra. Hazrat Shahbabu is a Muslim saint of the 13th century, who came here for the preaching of Islam. Hazrat Shahbabu (RA) was born in Mecca. The dargah was gradually built by many Muslim rulers. The tomb or holy shrine was built by Tughlaq Emperor of Delhi in 1348 AD, then second portion of Khangah & Sher Darwaza was built by Mughal Knight Abdur Raheem Khan-e-Khanaa. With latest development, Buland Darwaza (a copy of Ajmer Sharif Buland Darwaza) was built by Late Syed Akbar in 1950.
- Chaman Masjid : Though there is no particular historical records found regarding building of this mosque (Masjid), but probably made during reign of Tughlaq Emperors.
- Jama Masjid : This Mosque is Grand Mosque or "Jame Masjid" of Patur, has of prime importance specially on Juma (Friday) Prayer in Patur Town. Built in 1726 AD.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Patur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article about a location in the Indian state of Maharashtra is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|