|Elevation||341 m (1,119 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
The Patur city take first step in Android Technology by making an Android Application on Patur city.The name of application is "My Patur" is Developed by Mr. Nikhil P. Nilkhan in 2014 Application available on Google Play Store. In this application contact numbers of all official, education, emergency, doctors, advocates, journalists and most important PATUR DARSHAN.
Patur is located at  It has an average elevation of 341 metres (1118 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Patur had a population of 20,531. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Patur has an average literacy rate of 72%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 77%, and female literacy is 66%. In Patur, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age. Patur is a Muslim Majority town with population percentage of 50% ratio amongts all communities according to 2011 census.
This tahasil having a lot of hilly area in this hilly area Adiwasi (Andh) and Banjaras are found. The development of backward area is not satisfactory. Unemployed people are migrating towards Mumbai or Pune in search of employment.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2013)|
Patur Politics is generally concentrated with Patur Municipal Council. Patur Municipal council was established in 1957. Zeenat Kuaser Rahat Ali (President, Municipal Council, Patur) Sau.Megha Pradeep Kalpande (Vice President, Municipal Council, Patur)
Major educational institutions include:
- Shahbabu Urdu High School & Junior College of Arts/Science,(from KG to PG, i.e. Shahbabu Urdu Primary School,Shahbabu English Convent, Semi English, Jr College(English) with Bifocal subjects(IT, Computer Science, Electronics, Fisheries), Police Constable Triaining Center, Marathi Foundation, and Study Center of Maualana Azad National Urdu University (for B.A/B.Sc./B.Com./M.A.),YCMOU Study center at Akola branch. Established in 1957
- Tulsabai Kawal Vidyalaya & Jr. College of Arts/Science, MCVC (Including Technical School & Mother India Convent)This College was established in 1914 and it completed 100 years in 2014
- Dr. H.N. Sinha Jr. & Senior College(including B.A./B.Sc.)
- Vasantrao Naik High School & Jr. College
- Savitribai Phule High School & Jr. College,
- Gramin Ayurved Mahavidalaya (BAMS COllege)
- Govt. Industrial Training Institute
- Several government and private Marathi, Urdu and English primary schools
Historical mosques and dargah
The dargah (tomb) of Shah Abdul Aziz alias Shahbabu is situated on west side of Patur. This dargah has historical importance in Maharashtra. Hazrat Shahbabu is a Muslim saint of the 13th century, who came here for the preaching of Islam. Hazrat Shahbabu (RA) was born in Mecca. The dargah was gradually built by many Muslim rulers. The tomb or holy shrine was built by Tughlaq Emperor of Delhi in 1348 AD, then second portion of Khangah & Sher Darwaza was built by Mughal Knight Abdur Raheem Khan-e-Khanaa. With latest development Buland Darwaza (a copy of Ajmer Sharif Buland Darwaza) was built by Late Syed Akbar in 1950. Chaman Masjid : Though there is no particular historical records found ragarding building of this mosque (Masjid), but probably made during reign of Tughlaq Emperors. Jame Masjid : This Mosque is Grand Mosque or "Jame Masjid" of Patur, has of prime importance specially on Juam (Friday) Prayer in Patur Town. Built in 1726 AD.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Patur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
To know about this City Download "My Patur" Android Application from google play store.