Patuxent River State Park
|Patuxent River State Park|
|Maryland State Park|
|Elevation||407 ft (124 m) |
|Area||6,703 acres (2,713 ha) |
|- Wildlands||1,579 acres (639 ha) |
|Management||Maryland Department of Natural Resources|
|Website: Patuxent River State Park|
Patuxent River State Park is a Maryland state park located along the upper reaches of the Patuxent River in Howard and Montgomery counties. The park features hunting, fishing, mountain biking, horseback riding, and hiking on unsigned and untended trails. It is part of the Northeastern coastal forests ecoregion.
- "Patuxent River State Park". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey.
- "FY2013 DNR Owned Lands Acreage Report". Maryland DNR. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- "Patuxent River State Park". Maryland DNR. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Olson, D. M, E. Dinerstein, et al (2001). "Terrestrial Ecoregions of the World: A New Map of Life on Earth". BioScience 51 (11): 933–938. doi:10.1641/0006-3568(2001)051[0933:TEOTWA]2.0.CO;2.
- Patuxent River State Park Maryland Department of Natural Resources