|Full name||Paul Bower|
|Date of birth||9 January 1988|
|Original team||Peel Thunder (WAFL)|
|Draft||No. 20, 2005 National Draft, Carlton|
|Height/Weight||192cm / 92kg|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2012 season.
He was recruited as the number 20 draft pick in the 2005 AFL Draft from Peel Thunder. He is delisted from the Carlton Football Club. He played the first half of the season in the Northern Bullants as a safe-marking backman, before missing two months through injury. Shortly after returning from injury, he made his AFL debut in Round 21 of the 2006 AFL season, playing the final two games of the year.
He began to gain regular selection in 2008, playing as the second tall defender. He played several very good defensive games, before sustaining a shoulder injury in Round 10 against Geelong which saw him miss ten games. He returned for the final two rounds of the year.
2009 was a breakthrough season for Bower. He began to take more difficult defensive roles, added a strong rebounding aspect to his game, and began to show strong leadership amongst the young Carlton defenders. Bower would ultimately finish seventh in the John Nicholls Medal, after being as high as second after thirteen rounds. However, his 2010 and 2011 seasons were hindered by repeated injuries to his quadriceps; he played only fifteen games across the two seasons, and did not match his 2009 form.
At the conclusion of the 2011 season, Bower was close to being delisted due to league rules requiring at least three players be delisted each year. The decision came down to being between Bower and Setanta Ó hAilpín, and Bower was ultimately retained due mostly to Ó hAilpín being five years older. He played a further ten games in 2012, but was delisted at the end of the season.
- Edmund, Sam (9 May 2010). "Another injury blow to Paul Bower". Herald Sun. Retrieved 21 Dec 2011.
- "AFL Injury List". The Age. 4 May 2011. Retrieved 18 Sep 2011.
- "Changes to Carlton's list". Carlton Football Club. 18 Oct 2011. Retrieved 18 Oct 2011.
- Reid, Russell (15 December 2012). "Bateman back with Demons". The West Australian. Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- "Tigers secure Bower". Heidelberg Football Club. 2 April 2014.
- Paul Bower's profile on the official website of the Carlton Football Club
- Paul Bower's statistics from AFL Tables
- Paul Bower Profile in Blueseum