Paul C. Adams is an Associate Professor and Director of Urban Studies at the Department of Geography and the Environment at University of Texas at Austin. Adams applies various geographical lenses to communication, addressing communication infrastructure, communication as a social process, and communication as an element of individual experience.
In 1984, Adams received his Bachelor of Environmental Design (with Special Honors) from the University of Colorado at Boulder in Boulder, Colorado. He received his M.S. in Geography in 1990 and his Ph.D. in Geography in 1993, both from the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin. Adams specializes in geography of communication technologies, nationalism, critical geopolitics, and representations of space and place. Before arriving at the University of Texas at Austin, Adams had held academic positions at Virginia Tech, the State University of New York at Albany, and Texas A&M University.
- Adams, Paul C., 2009, Geographies of Media and Communication: A Critical Introduction , London: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Adams, Paul C., 2007, Atlantic Reverberations: French Representations of an American Election , Aldershot, UK: Ashgate Press.
- Adams, Paul C., 2005, The Boundless Self: Communication in Physical and Virtual Spaces , Syracuse, New York: Syracuse University Press.
- Adams, Paul C., 2004, The September 11 Attacks as Viewed from Quebec: The Small-Nation Myth in Geopolitical Discourse. Political Geography 23 (6): 765-795.
- Adams, Paul C., Steven Hoelscher, and Karen Till, eds., 2001, Textures of Place: Exploring Humanist Geographies. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.
- Adams, Paul C., 1998, Network Topologies and Virtual Place Annals of the Association of American Geographers 88(1):88-106.
- Adams, Paul C., 1996, Protest and the Scale Politics of Telecommunications Political Geography 15(5):419-441.
- Adams, Paul C., 1995, A Reconsideration of Personal Boundaries in Space-Time Annals of the Association of American Geographers 85(2):267-285.
- Adams, Paul C., 1992, Television as Gathering Place Annals of the Association of American Geographers 82(1):117-135.
- Home Page 
- University of Texas Profile Page 
- Communication Geography Specialty Group of the AAG 
- Aether (the Journal of Media Geography)