Paul Cambria is a Buffalo, New York based criminal defense and appellate attorney specializing in First Amendment issues (though he also works on other issues) who has represented various figures and companies within the pornography industry as well as many prominent white collar defendants. Cambria received his Juris Doctorate degree from University of Toledo College of Law in 1973 where he graduated first in his class and a BA from State University of New York at Fredonia in 1969. He has been named one of the best lawyers in America for over 25 consecutive years. He is the past president of the New York state criminal defense lawyers' association and has argued several cases before the United States Supreme Court. He is admitted to the bar in New York and California.
A partner at the Buffalo based law firm Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria, he practices in the areas of Criminal Trials, Appeals, Constitutional Law, First Amendment, Zoning, Antitrust, and Professional Licensing Defense. His practice is nationwide and he divides his time between the firm's offices in Buffalo and Los Angeles. He has represented many prominent individuals including publisher Larry Flynt and musicians DMX and Marilyn Manson, and bio-artist Steve Kurtz.
The Cambria List
After George W. Bush's 2000 election, there was concern within the pornography industry regarding possible future U.S. Justice Department prosecution over obscene material. Cambria is known for creating a list of sex acts that he recommended pornographers not film so as to avoid possible legal problems with the U.S. Government. It became known as "The Cambria List" and is controversial and subject to interpretation, even within the porn industry, particularly with regards to whether it is best applied only to box cover art.
- Massive ejaculation on the face
- Adults appearing to be underage
- Subjects involving the dead
- Subjects involving religion
- Shots with appearance of pain or degradation
- Spitting or saliva mouth to mouth
- Food used as sex object
- Wax dripping
- Two penises in/near one mouth
- Shot of stretching vagina
- Bondage-type toys or gear unless very light
- Girls sharing same dildo (in mouth or vagina)
- Hands from 2 different people fingering same girl
- Male/male penetration
- Degrading dialogue, e.g., "Suck this cock, bitch" while slapping her face with a penis
- Menstruation topics
- Incest topics
- Forced sex, rape themes, etc.
- Black men-white women themes
- The Cambria List, PBS Frontline, accessed 6/16/2007, http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/porn/prosecuting/cambria.html
- Paul J. Cambria Jr. Lawyer Profile at Findlaw.com, accessed 6/16/2007, http://pview.findlaw.com/view/1910880_1?channel=LP