Paul E. Kerry
Paul E. Kerry is a member of the Brigham Young University (BYU) faculty who is a historian specializing in German and Jewish intellectual history.
Kerry has a BA in international relations and German from BYU in 1989. He then received an MA in political science jointly from Bowling Green State University and the University of Salzburg in 1991. In 1993 he received an MA in German from the University of Chicago. He then pursued studies at St John's College, Oxford and other institutions in the University of Oxford culminating in a D.Phil. in 1998. Kerry also studied for a time at Harvard University.
Kerry is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Paul E. Kerry (Ed.) (2010) "The Ring and the Cross: Christianity and the Lord of the Rings".
- Paul E. Kerry (2009). Enlightenment Thought in the Writings of Goethe. Paperback edition.
- Paul E. Kerry (2009). "Benjamin Franklin's Satiric Vein". in Benjamin Franklin Handbook.
- Paul E. Kerry (2008). "Heinrich von Kleist and the Transformation of Conversation in Germany". in The Concept and Practice of Conversation in the Long Eighteenth Century.
- Paul E. Kerry (2007). "The Historian". in Friedrich Schiller: Playwright, Poet, Philosopher, Historian. Kerry also co-edited this book.
- Paul E. Kerry (2007). "The Quarrel over the Religious Roots of European Identity in the European Constitution and the Nature of Historical Explanation: A Catholic Coign of Vantage". in The Religious Roots of Contemporary European Identity.
- Paul E. Kerry (2006). Thomas Carlyle the Historian. part of Occasional Papers of the Carlyle Society.
- Paul E. Kerry (2005). "Modelling the Late German Enlightenment in Die Zauberfloete". in Oxford German Studies.
- Paul E. Kerry (2001). Enlightenment Thought in the Writings of Goethe.
- The Moravian Mission to the Indians: Language, Conversion and Identity produced as an American Philosophical Society Library Resident Scholar.
- Paul E. Kerry at the MLCA Database
- BYU faculty bio
- BYU history department bio
- Barnes and Noble listing of works by Kerry
- Cambridge Collections Online listing
- review of Kerry's book on Goethe
- bio from a program at Union University
- bio announcing Kerry's appointment as a fellow at Princeton
- short bio of Kerry connected with his piece of Schiller