Paul Evans (politician)
|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 102th district
|Preceded by||Ron Stephens|
|Alma mater||Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Southern Illinois University School of Law
|Website||Representative Paul Evans (R) Illinois General Assembly Page
Paul Evans is a Republican member of the Illinois House of Representatives, representing the 102nd district. He was selected for the seat on August 13, 2011 after Ron Stephens retired. He was sworn into office on August 26, 2011  He will be running for reelection in the new 108th district in 2012.
Evans has worked in Southwestern Illinois as an attorney for nearly 20 years, and has previously served as the Zoning Hearing Officer for the cities of O'Fallon and New Baden, as well as serving on Metro-East Parks and Recreation District Board for 10 years. Evans is currently the Vice-President of the O’Fallon Chamber of Commerce.
Evans serves on six house committees: Appropriations-Human Services, Appropriations-Public Safety, Small Business Empowerment & Workforce Development, Tourism & Conventions, Consumer Protection and Environmental Health.
Political Positions 
Evans believes in lower taxes to drive economic growth in Illinois, saying "If Illinois is to improve our business climate, we must grow our way out of our troubles which originated from the Chicago Democrat tax hikes." 
- "'GOP names Paul Evans as Stephens replacement in Illinois House'". "St. Louis Post Dispatch". 2011-08-13. Retrieved 2011-12-29.
- "'Illinois Rep Ron Stephens to resign, cites redistricting'". 2011-08-02. Retrieved 2011-12-29.
- "'State Rep. Evans takes official Oath of Office'". 2011-08-23. Retrieved 2011-12-29.
- "'State Representtive Paul J. Evans'". Retrieved 2011-12-29.
- "'Rep. Evans Announces Committee Assignments'". 2011-10-03.
- "'Rep Evans says Jobs Bill Provides Additional Incentives for Farmers and Small Businesses'". 2011-12-14. Retrieved 2011-12-29.