|Detective Paul Falsone|
|First appearance||May 9, 1997
(5x21, Partners and Other Strangers) (Guest)
October 17, 1997
(6x01, Blood Ties (part 1)" (Regular)
|Last appearance||May 21, 1999
(7x22, Forgive Us Our Trespasses) (HLOTS)
February 13, 2000
Homicide: The Movie
|Created by||Tom Fontana|
|Portrayed by||Jon Seda|
Auto Squad Detective (formerly)
|Significant other(s)||Laura Ballard (Season 7)|
|Children||Daniel Falsone (son)|
Paul Falsone is a fictional police detective of the Baltimore Police Department on Homicide: Life on the Street. He was played by Jon Seda. Born on January 6, 1969, Falsone was introduced as a long-time member of the Auto Squad at the end of Season 5, where his natural talents proved useful in solving vehicle-related crimes. However, when the department began a rotation program, in which detectives would be periodically reassigned to new units, Falsone was transferred to the homicide shift commanded by Al Giardello. After three months, Giardello expressed satisfaction with Falsone's work and requested that he remain with the unit.
Falsone first appears in the Season 5 finale episodes "Partners and Other Strangers" and "Strangers and Other Partners," then becomes a regular character in the Season 6 premiere "Blood Ties." He and his partner, Det. Meldrick Lewis, are shot at by Junior Bunk on behalf of the crime organization run by Georgia Rae Mahoney. Falsone's investigation leads to a suspicion that the shooting of Georgia Rae's brother Luther (the original head of the organization) was not legitimate, a suspicion which ignites a long-standing enmity between Falsone and Mike Kellerman, the detective who shot Luther during the previous season.
He was from New Jersey. He joined the Baltimore Police Department in 1991. He became a detective in 1994. In 1997, he earned a total of $32,000. After becoming a homicide detective, he received a raise of $2,000.
Despite Falsone's tough-guy demeanor, he is often shown to have an affection for children, especially his own son, who is the focus of a bitter custody battle between Falsone and his ex-wife.
During Season 7, Falsone begins dating fellow homicide detective Laura Ballard, who joined the unit at roughly the same time that he rotated into it. In the episode "Bones of Contention", Giardello warns Falsone about the regulations against intimate fraternization among members of the same shift, and Falsone and Ballard agree to stop seeing each other rather than risk discipline or a forced transfer out of Giardello's shift. However, this agreement merely led to them continuing their relationship in secret.
The character also appeared in the Law & Order episode "Baby, It's You".
- Law & Order episode "Baby, It's You", originally aired November 12, 1997.
- Homicide: Life on the Street episode "Kellerman, P.I., Part I", originally aired December 4, 1998.
- Homicide: Life on the Street episode "Kellerman, P.I., Part II", originally aired December 11, 1998.
- Homicide: Life on the Street episode "The Why Chromosome", originally aired May 14, 1999.
- Homicide: Life on the Street episode "Finnegan's Wake", originally aired April 24, 1998.
- Homicide: Life on the Street episode "Something Sacred, Part I", originally aired January 30, 1998.
- Homicide: Life on the Street episode "Something Sacred, Part II", originally aired January 30, 1998.
- Homicide: Life on the Street episode "La Famiglia", originally aired September 25, 1998.