Paul Gavin Williams (born 16 January 1968) is a Church of England bishop. On 11 May 2015, Williams' election as Bishop of Southwell & Nottingham was confirmed. From 2009 to 2015, he was the area Bishop of Kensington.
Paul was educated at Court Fields Community School, Wellington, Richard Huish College, Taunton and Grey College, Durham. After studying at Wycliffe Hall, Oxford, he was ordained in 1992. His ordained ministry began with curacies at St James and St Matthew's Muswell Hill and Christ Church, Clifton, after which he was rector of St James' Gerrards Cross, a position he held until his ordination to the episcopate in 2009.
Paul was consecrated on 25 March 2009 at St Paul's Cathedral by Rowan Williams.
- Paul Williams Esq (1968–1993)
- The Revd Paul Williams (1993–2007)
- The Revd Canon Paul Williams (2007–2009)
- The Rt Revd Paul Williams (2009–present)
- ^ a b Diocese of Southwell & Nottingham — Election of new Bishop of Southwell & Nottingham confirmed (Accessed 24 May 2015)
- ^ London Diocese — Kensington begins its 'extraordinary adventure'
- ^ a b Consecration details
- ^ a b Diocesan Profile
- ^ Crockford's Clerical Directory 2008/2009, Lambeth, Church House Publishing ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0
- ^ Who's Who 2012 – Kensingto, Area Bishop of
- ^ Cite error: The named reference
no10 was invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- ^ Church details
- ^ Church website
- ^ Daily Telegraph, 20 December 2008, Appointments in the clergy p. 26.