||Paul Jeremy Hemmings
||Alternative rock, indie rock
||Musician, record producer, photographer
||Guitar, bass guitar, mandolin, piano, organ
||The La's, The Onset, The Lightning Seeds
Paul Jeremy Hemmings is a Liverpool-based musician and photographer.
He played with The La's, Mike Badger and The Onset and Ian Broudie and the Lightning Seeds. He is also a partner in Liverpool's independent Viper Label.
Hemmings' current project is called The Floatation Project; a melting pot of Brian Eno, Can, Neu!, Captain Beefheart, post-punk, Robert Fripp and primitive drum machines mixed with something all of its own.
Their debut album Sonic Stories was called "Understated Splendour" by Mojo magazine in May 2005, whilst Uncut said "Guitarist Paul Hemmings can shine from other angles".
The second album Sounds From The Solar System released in October 2006, was called "Fascinating, unsettling and unique" by Rough Trade Records.
- Studio albums (as The Floatation Project)
- Sonic Stories (2005)
- Sounds from the Solar System (2006)
- Made out of Worldly Shapes (2011)
- Late Night Blue (2011)
- The La's – "Way Out" (1987)
- The Onset – The Pool of Life (1988)
- The Membranes – Kiss Ass Godhead! (1988)
- Neuro – The Electric Mothers of Invention (1993)
- Sensuround – "When I Get to Heaven" (1993)
- Mike Badger – Volume (1999)
- Mike Badger – Double Zero (2000)
- Steve Roberts – It Just Is (2001)
- The La's – Lost La's 1986–1987: Callin' All (2001)
- Aviator – Huxley Pig Part 1 (2002)
- Otaku No Denki – The Future Played Backwards (2003)
- Chris Elliot – Fierce Truth and Fortune (2007)
- Mike Badger – Rogue State (2011)