Paul M. English
|Paul M. English|
|Alma mater||University of Massachusetts-Boston (B.S. Computer Science '87, M.S. Computer Science '89)|
|Occupation||Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer of Kayak.com|
Paul English is the cofounder and Chief Technology Officer of Kayak.com in Concord, Massachusetts. KAYAK is a travel search engine that helps consumers find travel deals from hundreds of travel providers. KAYAK announced it was being acquired by Priceline in November 2012 
English served in 2008-2009 as the Chief Technology Director of the Division of Social Medicine and Health Inequality at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, leading the creation of GHDonline community of global health workers.
English was the President of Boston Light Software, an ecommerce company he co-founded in Arlington, Massachusetts in 1998 and sold to Intuit in 1999, where English became Intuit’s Vice President of Technology. At Intuit, he managed the QuickBooks web site creation and merchant account / service ecommerce development teams and he led the creation of the Intuit Developer Network and the Intuit Innovation Lab.
English is the founder of the World Xiangqi League, an online Chinese chess community created in 1997.
English was a Director at Intermute from 1999 to 2005, where he led the design and development of “SpamSubtract”. InterMute was sold to Trend Micro in May 2005.
English previously worked in as SVP of Engineering and SVP of Product Management and Marketing at Interleaf in Waltham, Massachusetts.
English worked as a software engineer at Texet Corporation (electronic publishing software) in Arlington, Massachusetts, at Haemonetics (blood centrifuge device drivers) in Braintree, Massachusetts, at Data General (operations research) in Westboro, Massachusetts, at APC Systems (real-time data acquisition for the US Air Force) in Melrose, Massachusetts, and at Individeo (sound effect development) in Woburn, Massachusetts.
- "KAYAK acquired by Priceline". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- "Paul English joins MIT Sloan". MIT Sloan School of Management. Retrieved 2013-10-07.
- "Interview with English about GetHuman.com, November 23, 2005". NPR Morning Edition. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- "2008 CTO of the Year". Reuters. Retrieved 2008-08-24.
- "2012 Entrepreneur of the Year". Ernst and Young.
- "New York Times: Paul English of KAYAK, on Nurturing New Ideas" (2013-07-25)
- "Inc Magazine: The Way I Work: Paul English of KAYAK" (2010-02-01)
- "Fast Company: Five Word Performance Reviews" (2013-10-03)
- "Fortune/CNN: Why Kayak's coders handle customer service" (2012-09-26 video)
- "OnStartups: Startup Insights From Paul English, Co-Founder of KAYAK" (2010-05-10 blog&audio)
- "FastCompany: Creating A Culture of Innovation" (2012-04-03)
- "Mass High Tech: KAYAK CTO Paul English shows knack for finding talent" (2010-04-09)
- "Business Week: Inside the Elephant Room at KAYAK" (2012-12-06)
- "People Magazine: A Voice in the Wilderness" (2005-12-05)