Paul Ritter (actor)
Paul Ritter is a British stage and screen actor.
He has also appeared in the comedy drama Pulling, the ITV1 thriller Vera, and the Channel 4 comedy Friday Night Dinner. He played Pistol in Henry IV, Part II in BBC 2's cycle of Shakespeare's history plays, The Hollow Crown. The Telegraph described Ritter as 'an actor who is surely destined for greatness very soon. His Pistol conveyed perfectly the shock of a man who reluctantly had left behind the rowdy cheer of Eastcheap, and found himself in middle age contemplating the melancholy of a medieval autumn.' Ritter portrayed the late comic actor Eric Sykes in Tommy Cooper: Not Like That, Like This.
Ritter was nominated for a Tony Award in 2009 for his role in The Norman Conquests. In 2012 he appeared in the stage version of Mark Haddon's novel The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time at the National Theatre (as Ed Boone, the father of the main character Christopher) and in 2013 as John Major in the premiere of Peter Morgan's The Audience.
|2015||Mapp and Lucia||Reverend Kenneth Bartlett|
|2014||The Game||Bobby Waterhouse|
|2014||Tommy Cooper: Not Like That, Like This||Eric Sykes|
|2012||Comedy Showcase||Jim Costello|
|2011–present||Friday Night Dinner||Martin Goodman|
|2012||Dirk Gently||Oliver Reynolds|
|2012||Henry IV, Part II||Pistol|
|2011||Great Expectations||John Wemmick|
|2009||Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||Eldred Worple|
|2008||Quantum of Solace||Guy Haines|
|2007||Son of Rambow||Geography teacher|
- Catriona Wightman. "National Theatre : Company Members : Paul Ritter". National Theatre. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- Dan French (15 October 2009). "McKee, Blethyn sign for new ITV1 thriller". Digital Spy. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- Catriona Wightman (13 February 2010). "Greig, Bird for new Channel 4 comedy". Digital Spy. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- "Cast confirmed for BBC Two's cycle of Shakespeare films" (Press release). BBC Drama Publicity. 24 November 2011. Archived from the original on 30 December 2011. Retrieved 20 July 2012.
- Lawrence, Ben (22 July 2012). "The Hollow Crown: Henry V, BBC Two, review". The Telegraph. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
- Andrew Gans (5 May 2009). "Nominations for 2009 Tony Awards Announced; Billy Elliot Earns 15 Nominations". Playbill. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- Geoghegan, Kev (6 August 2012). "National Theatre adapts Mark Haddon's Curious Incident". BBC News. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
|This article about a British film actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|