Paul Robinson (footballer, born 1982)
Robinson captaining Millwall in 2010
|Full name||Paul Mark James Robinson|
|Date of birth||7 January 1982|
|Place of birth||Barnet, England|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2001||→ Fisher Athletic (loan)||0||(0)|
|2004–2005||→ Torquay United (loan)||12||(0)|
|2014–||→ Portsmouth (loan)||13||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 October 2014 (BST).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Barnet, London, Robinson began his career as a trainee with Millwall, turning professional in August 2001. Later that month he joined Fisher Athletic on loan to gain some first team experience. He made his Millwall debut on 9 September 2002, coming on as a second-half substitute for Darren Ward in a 2-1 home win against Preston North End.
In December 2004 Robinson joined Torquay United on loan, playing twelve times before returning to Millwall and establishing himself as a first team regular, eventually gaining club captaincy under Lions' boss Kenny Jackett and establishing himself as a firm fan favourite. In 2009 he struggled with several injury problems, and missed the start of the 2009-2010 season for Millwall. He came back from injury with a goal against Stockport County.
On 28 January 2010, Robinson extended his contract with Millwall until 2013. He scored the only goal of the 2010 Football League One play-off Final against Swindon Town in the 39th minute on 29 May 2010 to guide Milwall to the Football League Championship, also receiving the man of the match award.
After appearing regularly for Millwall in the following campaigns, Robinson signed a new three-year deal on 17 July 2012. However, he appeared in only three matches during the 2012–13 season, due to multiple injuries.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Mainstream Publishing. p. 357. ISBN 978-1-84596-601-0.
- Millwall loan defender to Torquay; BBC Sport, 23 December 2004
- New deals for duo; Millwall FC, 28 January 2010
- Millwall 1–0 Swindon; BBC Sport, 29 May 2010
- Robinson commits to Lions; Sky Sports, 17 July 2013
- Paul Robinson unlikely to play again for Millwall this term after long injury struggle; Sky Sports, 18 May 2013
- Robinson arrives on loan; Portsmouth FC, 6 August 2014
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a defender born in the 1980s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|