|Clackamas County Commissioner|
|Profession||Small Businessman, Owner of Savas Tuning|
Paul Savas is a Clackamas County Commissioner in the State of Oregon. He is the only County Commissioner who resides in urban unincorporated Clackamas County.
Early life and career 
Savas grew up in Southern California, in what was once rural Orange County. In his early life, Paul was always considerably handy in mechanics. He moved to Eugene in the mid-1980s with his wife Suzanne and after starting Savas Tuning in 1983, he moved his family and business to Oak Grove, Oregon. Paul has always been mechanically inclined, even from a young age. He holds a degree in automotive technology from Cypress College in Southern California.
Political career 
Savas narrowly defeated Bob Austin in the 2010 election for County Commissioner. Savas initial reasons for getting involved with politics was a concern over local land use issues. He had always thought that Government was a well oiled machine but learned that its "inefficiencies and inconsistencies" needed immediate attention. He later earned a place at the Oak Lodge Water District and then the Oak Lodge Sanitary District boards. He has been involved ever since.
Future endeavors 
Savas has filed to run for County Chair. He cites the importance of the positions ability to set the "agenda and 'establishing the priorities and goals' of the county."
Personal life 
Paul lives in unincorporated Oak Grove with his wife Suzanne and his two kids. He owns and operates Savas Tuning.
- Zheng, Yuxing. "Incoming Clackamas County Commissioner Paul Savas will transition from solving car troubles to county problems". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
- "Savas and Austin Seek Position 2". The Clackamas Review: Anthony Roberts. Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- "Clackamas County Commissioner Paul Savas to challenge Rep. Dave Hunt, Chairwoman Charlotte Lehan in 2012 chair race". The Oregonian: Yuxing Zheng. Retrieved 2010-08-06.
Further reading 
- Zheng, Yuxing (September 30, 2011). "Clackamas County Commissioner Paul Savas considers running for chairman in 2012". The Oregonian. Retrieved January 05, 2012.
- "Paul Savas files to enter three-way race to lead Clackamas County commissioners". The Oregonian. December 16, 2011. Retrieved January 05, 2012.
- "Paul Savas files for Clackamas County Chair in next election". Wilsonville Spokesman. December 20, 2011. Retrieved January 05, 2012. (subscription required)