|Some or all of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (May 2013)|
February 1971, 1|
Upminster, United Kingdom
Paul Sculfor is a British male model as well as a TV and film actor. He is one of the leading world male models having won a modeling competition at the age of 21, when he won 'The Face of 92' in association with Select Model Management and the Daily Mirror. Paul was unaware his mother had entered him in the competition, he was in the hospital having had his appendix removed when he received the letter saying he was in the finals of the competition - alongside Rod Stewart's wife Penny Lancaster. The judges included Tandy, the owner of Select Model Management and Gary Stretch.
Paul's first modeling job was for The Face magazine and in the autumn of 1993, Paul worked alongside Bridget Hall on the winter/fall 1993 campaign for Banana Republic, shot by prolific photographer Bruce Weber. The campaign featured on billboards all over New York’s Times Square.
In 1994 Paul and Laurence Vanhaeverbeke modeled for the Christian Dior fragrance Tendre Poison, which was photographed by Tyen and the campaign ran for three years.
Paul has lived all over the world, including London, Milan and Hollywood, where he lived from 2007 until 2011. He currently divides his time between New York and London.
Between the ages of eight to ten, Paul studied gymnastics and when he was 10, he joined the Dagenham Boxing Club. He had one competitive fight for them, at 15, which was a late start in the boxing world. He then join the Alma Boxing Club and competed with them for the next three years. As a schoolboy, Paul boxed at the British Championships and reached the semi-final. In his teenage boxing career, he won the Northeast London title and the South East England title. Between the ages of 12 to 14, he also competed as a schoolboy in the trampoline event and finished in the top three for three years in a row.
Paul's grandfather was John Hawkridge, a decorated British sergeant in the Second World War, who owned a number of market stalls in the famous East End’s Roman Road And Rathbone Street markets. As a kid, Paul spent nearly all his weekends there.
- Patrick Cox, 1993
- Versace with Gisele Bundchen, 2009
- Louis Vuitton, 2011
- Aramis, 2012
- ''Esquire, 2012
- Other - for a full list of campaigns visit Models.com
Selected TV campaigns
- Levi's Campaign, 1997. Directed by Michel Gondry.
- Lynx (deodorant) Campaign, 2001 with Lisa Snowdon.
- Landrover, 2006. Freelander campaign shot in Thailand.
- Next Campaign, 2007 with Alessandra Ambrosio.
- Next Campaign, 2008.
- Aramis Campaign, 2011.
- Louis Vuitton Campaign, 2011.
- Most Stylish Man Award as part of the GQ and Ermenegildo Zegna Elegant Men of The Year' awards in 2010.
- Di Di Hollywood (2010) … Steve Richards
- Psychosis (2010) … David
- Baseline (2010) … Mark
Selected TV work
- Britain's Next Top Model (2012) … Himself/Judge
- Cinema 3 (2010) … Himself
- Light Lunch (1997) … Himself
Selected Presenter work
- San Remo Festival, 2009. In 2009, Paul was the co-host for the San Remo Festival alongside Paolo Bonolis, the first time a male had presented alongside Mr. Bonolis as it was usually a female presenter.
- - Daily Mail article on 'The Face of 1992
- - Images for Paul Sculfor
- - Paul Sculfor & Bridget Hall at Times Square
- - Paul Sculfor GQ interview on Armani
- - Paul Sculfor Vogue interview on Gaultier, Versace and Dior
- - Paul Sculfor and Laurence Vanhaeverbeke Dior shoot for Tendre Poison
- - Attitude Magazine cover
- - Fantastic Man editorial
- - Paul Sculfor and his boxing
- - Lisa Snowdon
- - Paul Sculfor and Lisa Snowdon
- - People magazine Paul & Jennifer
- - Paul & Cameron People magazine
- - Paul & Cameron People Magazine
- - Patrick Cox mentioned in GQ.
- - Versace campaign
- - Louis Vuitton
- - Grazia Aramis article
- - Esquire shoot
- - Attitude cover
- - Cover of Out Magazine with Donatella Versace
- - The Sun newspaper article on Out magazine
- - Fantastic Man shoot
- - Levi's Campaign
- - Lynx Campaign
- - Landrover campaign stills
- - Freelander 2 commercial
- - Alessandra & Paul Next campaign
- - Next Campaign 3 of 3
- - Aramis campaign
- - Vuitton campaign
- - LA Models
- - Next Models
- - Why Not Model Management
- - Ford Models NYC
- - New Madison Paris
- - Arrival at Spanish GQ awards
- - GQ interview
- - Di Di Hollywood IMDB
- - Italian Wiki entry on Di Di Hollywood
- - Psychosis IMDB
- - Baseline IMDB
- - Di Di Hollywood IMDB
- - Cinema 3 IMDB
- - Light Lunch IMDB
- - San Remo
- - Paolo Bonolis