Dr. Paul Wakim was born on August 31, 1945 in Beirut, Lebanon. Dr. Wakim met his wife, Connie Wakim, during his undergraduate training at Fresno State University. Dr. and Connie Wakim had three children together, Dr. Emile Wakim, Dr. Nicole Wakim, and Mr. Chris Wakim. Dr. Emile Wakim is an orthopedic surgeon, like his father. Dr. Nicole Wakim is an anesthesiologist. Mr. Chris Wakim was a paratrooper for the United States Army. All three children are helping those who are in need.
Dr. Paul Wakim proceeded from his hometown to Fresno, California where he was a student senator for the School of Arts and Sciences at Fresno State University for his undergraduate term. In 1972, Dr. Wakim graduated from the Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences in Kansas City, Missouri.
After he finished an internship at Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital in Pontiac, Michigan (1973), Dr. Wakim resided in Orthopedic Surgery at St. Francis Hospital and Wesley Regional Medical Center  in Wichita, Kansas from 1973 to 1976. Other places Dr. Wakim resided were Shriner's Hospital for Crippled Children-St. Louis, Missouri, Veteran's Hospital-Wichita, Kansas, and Duke University Microsurgical Reimplantation Workshop.
Dr. Paul Wakim sponsored many sport teams in Orange County and helped many patients in treating their bones to working order. The teams Dr. Wakim sponsored were the NHB in 1996 (who were Fiesta Cup Champions, Villa Classic Champions, Celtic Cup Champions, Cerritos Challenge Finalist, Harvest Cup Semifinalist, Best of the Best Semifinalist, and California State Cup Semifinalist), AYSO Region 5 Blue Barracudas 1998, Fountain Valley White Sox 1999, 2003 Rialto P.D. Baker to Vegas Running Team, Bronze Sponsor of 26th Annual benefit Auction of the Boys and Girls Club, Bronze Sponsor of 27th Annual benefit Auction of the Boys and Girl Club 2005, 2nd Annual Bob White Invitational Youth Karate Tournament of 17-Under March 24, 2007, etc. Dr. Paul Wakim opened multiple Medical Corporations called Pacifica Orthopedics.
Severed Foot Replanted Operation
In The Wichita Eagle and Beacon Newspaper, on Saturday June 4, 1977, section 4C lie ‘Severed Foot Replanted in Rare Surgery’ discussed how a Wichitan man's right foot was ‘severed in an industrial accident.’ The Wichitan man, 28 year old Pedro Espinosa, was cleaning on an early Thursday at Sunny, Kansas Flour Mills, and stepped in a loop of moving rotary cable which dragged him and snapped his right foot from his leg. Mr. Espinosa was rushed to St. Francis Hospital. Espinosa's foot was preserved in a bucket filled with iced salt water solution, as the man was transported to the hospital. According to The Wichita Eagle and Beacon Newspaper, “the chances of success were very poor.” The operation lasted 5½ hours with a team of physicians led by 32 year old, Dr. Wakim in St. Francis Hospital. The team connected two arteries (dorsalis pedis & posterior tibial) and four veins using microsurgical tools and magnifying glasses.
“Wakim said extremity replants have been done for eight to 10 years, but only now have the tools, the technique, and the education become well established.”
“…microvascular surgery, with the special equipment required is only two to three years old.”
Dr. Wakim had many clinical, academic, and professional positions before and after he received his Board of Certifications in 1982. Dr. Wakim has earned board certifications from the American Academy of Orthopedic & Neurological Surgeons and the American Academy of Osteopathic Orthopedic Specialists.
Some of Dr. Wakim's past clinical positions include: Bone and Joint Clinic-Wichita, Kansas,1976–1984, Bone and Joint Clinic-Corpus Christi, Texas, 1984–1991, Chief of Emergency, Coastal Bend Hospital, 1987–1991, Chief of Surgery, Coastal Bend Hospital, 1989–1991, Chief of Staff, Doctors' Hospital, Corpus Christi, Texas 1988-89.
Dr. Wakim was on the School Board of Trustees of Gregory – Texas, as well as the Director of Medical Education and Director of Clinical Clerkships at Corpus Christi, Texas, 1984-88 within his academic positions.
Dr. Wakim's professional positions composed of President at Orange County Osteopathic Medicine Association, 1994 & 1995, Exam Commissioner, California Osteopathic Medical Board, 1995, California State Provider Panel, IMC Treating Guidelines 1995, Chairman, Industrial Medical Committee for OPSC, Board Certified Forensic Examiner, Federal Social Security Services Evaluator, State of California EDD Disability Evaluator, Member of Industrial Medical Council, 1999–2002, and President of Osteopathic Physicians & Surgeons of California, 2001-2002. His current professional positions are Associate Director Medical Unite, Division of Worker's Compensation and a Member Osteopathic Medical Board of California and the Vice President of The International Catholic Maronite Foundation.
Dr. Wakim is currently a member of the following organizations: Pacifica Orthopedics (President and Medical Director), the American Academy of Sports Medicine, the American Academy of Osteopathic Orthopedic Specialists, the American Academy of Orthopedic & Neurological Surgeons, and the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, 2000.
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- Fresno State University
- "McLaren Oakland | McLaren - Oakland". Pohregional.org. 2012-09-29. Retrieved 2012-10-03.
- "Shriners - Welcome". Shrinershq.org. Retrieved 2012-10-03.
- "Robert J Dole VA Medical Center Wichita, Kansas". U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs. 2012. Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- "NHB : North Huntington Beach Futbol Club : Soccer California". Nhbfutbol.com. 1969-12-31. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Boys & Girls Clubs of America". Bgca.org. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Home". Pacifica Orthopedics. 2012. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- Wichita Eagle Newspaper
- Floerchinger, Jane. “Severed Foot replanted in Rare Surgery.” The Wichita Eagle & Beacon. (June 4, 1977): 4C. Print.
- American Academy of Orthopedic & Neurological Surgeons
- "Paul E. Wakim". Pacifica Orthopedics. 2012. Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- Coastal Bend Hospital
- [dead link]
- Orange County Osteopathic Medicine Association
- California Osteopathic Medical Board
- Industrial Medical Committee for OPSC
- Industrial Medical Council
- Osteopathic Physicians & Surgeons of California
- CA Division of Worker's Compensation
- Member Osteopathic Medical Board of California
- International Catholic Maronite Foundation
- Pacifica Orthopedics
- the American Academy of Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Osteopathic Orthopedic Specialists
- American Academy of Orthopedic & Neurological Surgeons
- Wakim, Paul. Personal. Pacifica Orthopedics, Huntington Beach. 5, Jan. 2010